Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Regarding O'Halloran, I can't confess to seeing much of him as I don't watch any Scottish football outside us and the internationals. It's not a signing that particularly excites me though simply due to the sheer amount of players at Scottish clubs who bomb at either side of the old firm, the complete lack of quality in Scotland and his lack of impact in English football. Aluko though showed that it is at least possible to get some quality from these clubs so hopefully he has a similar impact. We certainly have an infinitely superior manager now so that gives me some more confidence. I wouldn't be wasting much time on the Scottish leagues for players though, hopefully we start focusing more on continental leagues soon.

The guy was earning millions a year at AC Milan and is a Dutch internationalist. We would have as much chance of signing Messi and Iniesta.

I don't think for one second Pete was saying we should sign De Jong Ser lol....

Regarding O'Halloran, I can't confess to seeing much of him as I don't watch any Scottish football outside us and the internationals. It's not a signing that particularly excites me though simply due to the sheer amount of players at Scottish clubs who bomb at either side of the old firm, the complete lack of quality in Scotland and his lack of impact in English football. Aluko though showed that it is at least possible to get some quality from these clubs so hopefully he has a similar impact. We certainly have an infinitely superior manager now so that gives me some more confidence. I wouldn't be wasting much time on the Scottish leagues for players though, hopefully we start focusing more on continental leagues soon.

I can see warbs playing O'Halloran through the middle as we have McKay/waldo and Tav/waggy bombing up and down the flanks....

Wrt numbers, we are very light at the back.

Question

How many yellows = suspension ?

So far (yellows) / according to soccerway website)

Tav 3

LW 4

RK 5

DW 4

DBall 3

Edited by buster.

I'm just a bit surprised we never brought in a striker even on loan.

Also I thought we'd have tried to get more players OUT even on loans as there are easily half a dozen or so in the first team squad who really don't have a future at Rangers. I also don't think anyone going out of contract at the end of the season will get a renewal despite what MW seemed to be saying regards Law

In order to see "half a dozen or so" leave we would have needed to replace them now. Our squad is thin as it is so unless we had as many new arrivals as departures we would be in real risk of not having a deep enough squad. Had we brought the two Accrington lads in now then losing, say, Law and Shiels would have been no problem.

But we brought in Forrester, O'Halloran and King for an immediate impact. Just the 3 (unless I am missing someone) in an already thin squad, so losing those half a dozen or so that you mention would be very risky.