Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

So you don't think we are signing the best players available to us!

Who is to know ? We don't need an immediate fix right now. I have no issue in taking someone on a short term bases who has proven to be able to perform just fine in this league. We haven't signed him permanently, he offers another attacking option, he has performed in this league before, wont be on significant wages.

Who that is better AND AVAILABLE that would come to us ? Genuine question as I don't follow the transfer market in that great a depth.

5 points clear of very poor sides who should be miles behind our resources and finances, about to play a team who beat us comfortably last time. Lets hope we can turn that last result on its head

Again, glass half empty.

That same team that beat us "comfortably" 2-1 at their ground were also "comfortably" dispatched by us 3-1 at Ibrox. And that "comfortable" 2-1 defeat you talk about required an injury time save from the Falkirk keeper to prevent it being a draw..... Yet you continue to fear them it seems. You can only beat the "very poor sides" that are put before you. And lets not forget that Hibs have dispatched a couple of SPL teams in Cups this season, one of whom sits second in the league. Not a wonderful comparison but suggests that the difference in quality between the two leagues isn't as vast as you like to make out.

We have dropped 10 points from a possible 66 this season. We have only dropped 2 points from 33 at home and 8 from 33 on our travels.

Whether other clubs should be "miles behind us" is of little importance to us. Hibs and Falkirk are our nearest challengers and we only play them 4 times each in a season. We currently have 6 points to Hibs 3 in showdowns against them and 3 points apiece against Falkirk. There isn't a great deal more we could have done.

And as to them being "miles behind" - whether we want to or not, we simply cannot control what Hibs and Falkirk do against the rest of the league - they are as close as they are to us because they are also beating everyone else in the league the same as we are - we cant control that. We can only beat what is put in front of us and, for the most part we are.

as said i am finished on transfers my opinion is clear same as plenty of other bears. I have no doubt you would be cursing our transfer dealings this window up and down if it was the previous board in position and you would have been right to do so. The window before promotion and the last chance to push as hard as we can and we look like failing to bring in one starting 11 player. Fantastic way to build for the future, so much for no more short sighted signings!

I love how we (not aimed at you but just in general) look to justify our positions by saying "my opinion is clear, same as plenty of other bears". I could say the same thing, couldn't I ? There are plenty who also are comfortable in our transfer dealings and actually HAPPY at the financially cautious approach we are taking.

Nope, I wouldn't be cursing the previous Board's transfer dealings up and down. Know why ? Because our financial predicament, regardless of Board's, is such that we have to cut our cloth accordingly. Surely to goodness the last 4 years have taught us that fiscal prudence is an absolute necessity at Rangers right now ??

So signing Crooks and Windass are short sighted signings ? Short term deals for King and Forrester aren't exactly short sighted either... they are simply short-term stop gaps until we have promotion, IMHO. Once we have promotion we will be able to attract a better standard of player.

You absolutely steadfastly refuse to acknowledge that it is harder to attract better quality players in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

I MIGHT agree with you if we were trailing Hibs and looking poor, struggling to win games. But we aren't. We are 5 clear and doing well enough. Is it still a risky policy ? Sure it is. But it is one that I am comfortable with at this point given we are still clearly the best team in the league, we are 5 points clear, creating and scoring chances too.

I expect better signings in the summer as it will be easier to attract better players. But even with that said, every single player that walks through the front door at Rangers deserves at least the opportunity to prove themselves, it is the least we can do. Yet, akin to Forrester, you are determining that these guys simply aren't good enough. I presume you felt the same way about Holt......

time will tell lets agree to hope we havn't fucked up big time.

Oh for sure my friend, for sure.

Neither of the two of us want to realize that we screwed up. And, as you say, time will tell.

Clearly I am more of an optimist than you though :thup:

Jason Holt. Is he good enough to help us win the premiership or get back into Europe? Do we have that level of ambition anymore?

What level? A potential future Scotland international and an important part of the jigsaw MW is putting together?

Who is to know ? We don't need an immediate fix right now. I have no issue in taking someone on a short term bases who has proven to be able to perform just fine in this league. We haven't signed him permanently, he offers another attacking option, he has performed in this league before, wont be on significant wages.

Who that is better AND AVAILABLE that would come to us ? Genuine question as I don't follow the transfer market in that great a depth.

Again, glass half empty.

That same team that beat us "comfortably" 2-1 at their ground were also "comfortably" dispatched by us 3-1 at Ibrox. And that "comfortable" 2-1 defeat you talk about required an injury time save from the Falkirk keeper to prevent it being a draw..... Yet you continue to fear them it seems. You can only beat the "very poor sides" that are put before you. And lets not forget that Hibs have dispatched a couple of SPL teams in Cups this season, one of whom sits second in the league. Not a wonderful comparison but suggests that the difference in quality between the two leagues isn't as vast as you like to make out.

We have dropped 10 points from a possible 66 this season. We have only dropped 2 points from 33 at home and 8 from 33 on our travels.

Whether other clubs should be "miles behind us" is of little importance to us. Hibs and Falkirk are our nearest challengers and we only play them 4 times each in a season. We currently have 6 points to Hibs 3 in showdowns against them and 3 points apiece against Falkirk. There isn't a great deal more we could have done.

And as to them being "miles behind" - whether we want to or not, we simply cannot control what Hibs and Falkirk do against the rest of the league - they are as close as they are to us because they are also beating everyone else in the league the same as we are - we cant control that. We can only beat what is put in front of us and, for the most part we are.

I love how we (not aimed at you but just in general) look to justify our positions by saying "my opinion is clear, same as plenty of other bears". I could say the same thing, couldn't I ? There are plenty who also are comfortable in our transfer dealings and actually HAPPY at the financially cautious approach we are taking.

Nope, I wouldn't be cursing the previous Board's transfer dealings up and down. Know why ? Because our financial predicament, regardless of Board's, is such that we have to cut our cloth accordingly. Surely to goodness the last 4 years have taught us that fiscal prudence is an absolute necessity at Rangers right now ??

So signing Crooks and Windass are short sighted signings ? Short term deals for King and Forrester aren't exactly short sighted either... they are simply short-term stop gaps until we have promotion, IMHO. Once we have promotion we will be able to attract a better standard of player.

You absolutely steadfastly refuse to acknowledge that it is harder to attract better quality players in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

I MIGHT agree with you if we were trailing Hibs and looking poor, struggling to win games. But we aren't. We are 5 clear and doing well enough. Is it still a risky policy ? Sure it is. But it is one that I am comfortable with at this point given we are still clearly the best team in the league, we are 5 points clear, creating and scoring chances too.

I expect better signings in the summer as it will be easier to attract better players. But even with that said, every single player that walks through the front door at Rangers deserves at least the opportunity to prove themselves, it is the least we can do. Yet, akin to Forrester, you are determining that these guys simply aren't good enough. I presume you felt the same way about Holt......

Oh for sure my friend, for sure.

Neither of the two of us want to realize that we screwed up. And, as you say, time will tell.

Clearly I am more of an optimist than you though :thup:

Was meaning hope the club hasnt fucked up! I never fuck up! lol

I have no problem with being a realist i also try not to set my opinion on hopes or make believe. There is nothing to suggest we will spend more or be anymore successful in augusts window than we have been so far

Developing a direct rivals youth will never sit with me as a good move neither will failing to build

Again fiscal prudence would demand we make sure promotion is as close to definite as possible without spending more than we will recoup. We have not done that we have just been cheap.

It is obviously harder to attract players of higher calibre to lower leagues but not impossible. I fail to see how we cannot find a purchase within our budget who is better than forrester or a 6 month loan of a hearts youth player. Are you seriously saying we cannot attract a player in a better deal than the six month loan of a hearts player gives?

Every player gets the chance to prove himself, have yet to hear a player being booed as he walks onto the park for the first time. The stadium at game time is the time I show support not online discussing the appropriateness of signings or targets

This is condemnation of the standard of player MW thinks appropriate for rangers and the clubs failure to properly value targets with gives us an actual chance of signing them

again you mention our financial position. Can you share it? would love to know our transfer budget? Why if we cant afford talent better than that brought in did we refuse £500k from fans? We could afford better but failed. It is that simple. We are gambling on promotion without stacking the deck in our favour as far as we could with financial prudence still being met. We valued players ridiculously low, so low in fact we had zero chance of securing their services. That is not sensible or looking for value that is just getting it wrong. Plain and simple. Whoever evaluated the players expected cost was not working within the realms of reality

Edited by trublusince1982