Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

The chairman is over here. I have met with him and gone through it. It’s about strong foundations. We said that from the outset. We can’t look for short-term fixes. If we do that, we are on a slippery slope.

sounds like some questions and reassurances have been sought by king from MW about his signing strategy/plans?

don't know how we are not looking for short term fixes when the three in so far are all short term fixes

My only guess is we have to get promoted before we see better calibre signings than what we've seen this month.

My fear is that promotion isn't as certain as some make out.

My only guess is we have to get promoted before we see better calibre signings than what we've seen this month.

My fear is that promotion isn't as certain as some make out.

its only a few short words but it sounds more like king has questioned the stratefy we are persuing rather than the other way round.

personally i think money is available

We will need to seriously strengthen for next season. No doubt about it. Will funds be made available?

Okay, no-one knows the answer on here. The only reasonable reply will be: we shall see. Which we will, one way or another.

I can't exactly understand those who constantly imply that since we haven't done any "big"-money moves this window, there is no money or questions need to be ask of King (the Dave version) and his ability to invest. That - IMHO - is playing to the media fiddle that has been in full swing since last season. People are sure entitled to their opinions, but you do wonder whether some are slowly but steadily walking the paranoia trail again. No disrespect whatsoever. But above, reasonable reasons why no unnecessary splashing of cash has been done have been given. By fellow fans, by the gaffer and now by the club captain too. We have a valuation for e.g. Diagouraga and Brentford's was different. Whatever stalls any deal for O'Halloran is unknown to us. Having no money is the simplest option for those who want it to be the right way of seeing it. At the end of the day, it remains just their opinion and ain't gospel.

Of course, the media is firing broadside after broadside in our direction, telling us that if we do not strengthen now like Hibs and others have done, doom might be upon us. I think we are all old enough to see through this charade and while our team is probably not ready for higher things, I doubt there are many on here who doubt its ability to gain promotion as it is. What happens next season is something for the future to decide. Warburton has laid and is laying solid foundations, IMHO. And two or three loanees or long-term trialists make not much of a difference.

And, just for the sake of it: this isn't the Roman Senate and Cato and Carthage are long gone too. Hence, there is no need to repeat the obvious time and again, i.e. quality signings and funds are required for higher aims.

Edited by der Berliner

Southampton youngster Harrison Reed is set to join Rangers on loan for the rest of the season.

The midfielder is wanted by Mark Warburton as he looks to strengthen his squad before the transfer deadline.

Talks between the clubs are underway and Rangers are hopeful of concluding a deal in the next 48 hours.

Southampton midfielder Harrison Reed is set to join Rangers on loan until the end of the season

Southampton midfielder Harrison Reed is set to join Rangers on loan until the end of the season

The England Under 20 international has made just one Premier League start this season.

And Saints boss Ronald Koeman is ready to let Reed leave this month so he can play regular football.

Reid made 10 first-team appearances for Southampton last season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3421861/Rangers-set-sign-Southampton-starlet-Harrison-Reed-loan-rest-season.html#ixzz3yaWNKgO6

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

hopefully something in this

This loan deal with Billy King...have we got an option to sign him permanently? Do you think a price has already been agreed if things turn out hopefully for the good of Rangers?

I've always wanted that boy at Ibrox and to be a total success for us, I'd love to see in the same way Barrie links with Wallace on the left being replicated on the right side of the park, now that would be something - King Billy linking with Tav, with Waggy and Miller waiting in the box.