Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Fulham manager shortlist

Fulham have drawn up a shortlist of five names to fill their vacant head coach role, according to Sky sources.

Paul Lambert, Nigel Pearson, former Watford manager Slavisa Jokanovic, Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett and current Rangers boss Mark Warburton are the names under consideration by the Cottagers.:laugh2:

Forget it Fulham. you have no chance! :flipa:

That wonder goal concerns me somewhat in all honesty. A showboat trick like that has the potential to go very wrong. It should be a simple, easy finish. No need to go for the spectacular in that fashion.

I don't see that as showboating, the pass was slightly behind where it should ideally have been received, so he hit it with his trailing foot.

Just using good balance and technique in my opinion.

That wonder goal concerns me somewhat in all honesty. A showboat trick like that has the potential to go very wrong. It should be a simple, easy finish. No need to go for the spectacular in that fashion.

I've only just watched this. Absolutely no way was that showboating. Ball was played behind him. "Simple, easy finish" ? Seriously ? The ball was behind him, almost outside the post and were he to take it the way you think he would have needed an extra touch to gain control, giving the defender the time to get in a challenge.

Looked much more like quick thinking and an exquisite (if not a touch fortuitous) finish than showboating to me.

Here's a still from the video as the player is about to receive the pass...

Class.png

...almost every time from that delivery a striker would control the ball with his right foot (except Nicky Clark, it would bounce off his shin) his 2nd touch would be a shot on goal, the defender wouldn't get there in time to block it I reckon, so any one of three outcomes would result.

1. He sclaffs his shot high and wide

2. The keeper saves it

3. He scores

The back-heel he tried could have went either way too of course, but it was an exceptional piece of skill and can only be applauded. Fans love to see these type of finishes, very entertaining.