Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

I think it is very harsh for us to be saying that he cant get a game in the English 3rd tier and then in the same breath saying that we haven't seen him play.

How about we bide our time until we have seen the lad play before deciding ? A short term deal which gives us another attacking option, no doubt he wont be on huge wages so not breaking the bank. a 6 month deal makes some sense - if he cant cut it in the Championship then we cut him loose, nothing lost really. In the meantime we have another player for 6 months to bring into a relatively threadbare squad.

Maybe he will be a replacement for Templeton - given Templeton cant get any game time this lad will be on lower wages and, probably, have a better chance at a game. Or... maybe he will come in to replace Oduwa (can he be sent home in January ??) - I'm sure not too many would complain about Oduwa heading home, so if this lad comes in he is a direct replacement for another player who hasn't set the heather alight.

I can understand us getting frustrated at 3rd tier in England players - but if we focus on the positives as above then it may not be that bad a signing, particularly if only short term. And.... it gives him an opportunity to show what he can do and to win an extended deal.

Not all the best prospects are unearthed in the EPL. Jamie Vardy would be one such example.

Me ? I will show some patience and assess the lad once he has come and actually played for us. Same as all players.

its a free transfer. doncaster are releasing him. Getting a six month contract allegedly

I don't see a problem with this. If he doesn't impress he'll get released at the nd of the season.

It's not as if he's getting a 3 or 4 year deal like McCoist would have done

Our 2 best players this season have been McKay who was released at 16 by Kilmarnock and yesterdays MOTM Holt who was deemed not good enough for the Championship by Hearts.

I'll give Forrester the opportunity to prove himself before being dismissed simply because of where he's come from.

I think we need to trust MW's judgement on this sort of player. We are looking at mainly English players outside their top division who perhaps in years gone by would have got an opportunity in that top division were it not for the fact what it has now become i.e. a billionaires cosmopolitan league.

Players I've barely heard of are now going for £5m & £10m and we simply do not have that sort of money to pay for transfer fees let alone wages, bonuses & signing-on fees.

My only comment on Forrester is that he seems to play in a position for which we're fairly well covered at the moment i.e. attacking MF

Edited by RANGERRAB