Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

I just hope it's not at the expense of somebody like Walsh. That and had really hoped for a more exciting signing. If the three are Forrester and the two from Accrington then I would be rather underwhelmed. Was hoping to see a slightly more expensive calibre of player that would be a level above the spfl premier. Guess I just need to get used to the way Warburton shops and hope they work as a team that can do us proud next year.

Rangers set to sign out-of-favour Doncaster Rovers midfielder Harry Forrester as boss Mark Warburton wants quality in January

Doncaster Rovers' Harry Forrester has only played nine times this season

Rangers are set to seal a deal for 24-year-old when January window opens

Mark Warburton is keen to do business early as he looks to add quality

Rangers are poised to make Doncaster Rovers midfielder Harry Forrester their first capture of the January transfer window.

Out of contract in the summer, Forrester is negotiating an early release after struggling to land a regular game under manager Darren Ferguson.

And Mark Warburton is close to snapping up the 24-year-old, a player he worked with during his time as sporting director at Brentford.

A former Aston Villa prospect, Forrester played for England at youth level, but has played just nine games for Doncaster this season.

Warburton is keen to do his business early in the window, with the Accrington Stanley duo of Josh Windass and Matt Crooks also earmarked for pre-contract agreements, despite competition from English Championship clubs.

Speaking after Monday’s 4-2 win over Hibs, the Rangers boss said of his transfer plans: ‘It is a balance. You can bring experience, but you have got to bring something that you haven’t got.

‘You need good experience. You can bring a 35-year-old player, but it doesn’t mean he is what you need.

‘It is bringing someone who has the quality we currently haven’t got and we cannot block the pathway of the younger players.

‘The pathway has to be clear for their progress to continue, but, at the same time, we must make sure we have the experience needed to deal with the second half of the season in terms of injuries, suspensions, sendings-off.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3378241/Rangers-set-sign-favour-Doncaster-Rovers-midfielder-Harry-Forrester-boss-Mark-Warburton-seeks-quality-January.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

In the championship, doncaster are in league 1 are they not?

Tavernier played most of his time in recent seasons for the likes of

Carlisle United (loan) 2011–12 League One

Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 2011–12 League One

Milton Keynes Dons (loan) 2011–12 League One

Shrewsbury Town (loan) 2013–14 League One

Rotherham United (loan) 2013–14 League One

Bristol City 2014-15 League One

Conclusion: he's a League One player.

Forrester managed 7 starts for Doncaster last season in the Championship and 9 this season for them in League One; no wonder he's excited about the prospect of playing football never mind coming here.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I just hope it's not at the expense of somebody like Walsh. That and had really hoped for a more exciting signing. If the three are Forrester and the two from Accrington then I would be rather underwhelmed. Was hoping to see a slightly more expensive calibre of player that would be a level above the spfl premier. Guess I just need to get used to the way Warburton shops and hope they work as a team that can do us proud next year.

I don't want any more from Accrington, Kiernan is quite enough.

I agree the level he's playing at is underwhelming, but we shouldn't dismiss him at that. Warbs has done good business thus far. Forrester seems to be the type of player that will suit our game, and get the fans excited. I read on Wikipedia (Yes, I know...!) that he had a trial with Ajax a couple of years ago, scoring a hat-trick. Frank De Boer was impressed, but Forrester decided to go to Doncaster. Whether that's true or not that he 'turned down Ajax', it would seem he is an talented player. A 6-month contract to display what he can do is a shrewd move. If it doesn't work out, then nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lifted from FF:

GBTQ

GBTQ is online now FF Squad Member

18-07-2013

Default Re: Harry Forrester

I watched quite a bit of Brentford with forrester in the team and he stuck out. He was their talisman much the same as the boy from Tottenham was in their championship team.

I think it's a good signing if it's to be believed he's signed. He'll bring a bit of class in the final third and he played his best football under mw. He was linked to premiership teams at one stage but seems to have lost his way. That, by no means makes him a bad player. Could be a very important signing for us.

We should be looking everywhere for players,and it seems we are,and if the manager thinks a player can come in and do a job then I don't see what the problem is!,writing a player off before anyone has seen him is just plain stupid

James vardy was at Fleetwood town only a blink of an eye ago , Mahraiz was signed from the French lower leagues for £400,000 , it's how these guys develop that's important not size of transfer fee or reputation , Christ we have been crying out for a manager to do exactly what MW does , now we have him we moan , Jesus wept