Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

I'd advise then to leave it until nearer the time when the market is 'rife' with rumours...it's a bit early for thinking about transfers IMO.

Slightly off topic...but the transfer window is a load of shite looking at it from a fans perspective, I remember the days when clubs, particularly Rangers, would go out and sign a player out of the blue at any time.

Graham Roberts springs to mind.

What's the harm in talking about rumours? At least we're talking...

Rangers have allegedly asked about signing Norwich City midfielder Louis Thompson on loan.

According to the Daily Mail, Rangers have asked Norwich City about a January loan deal for their young Welsh midfielder Louis Thompson.

The Gers are looking to win the Scottish Championship this season, and calculated January additions should help Mark Warburton's men achieve that goal.

Yet with suggestions from The Scottish Sun that loan midfielder Gedion Zelalem could return to Arsenal in the January transfer window, Warburton may need to look for a replacement in the middle of the park.

Now, the Daily Mail suggest that Rangers have asked Norwich City about taking midfielder Louis Thompson on loan, despite the 20-year-old already being out on loan at Swindon Town in League One.

The Canaries are allegedly keen to get Thompson playing at a higher level in order to accelerate his development, and Rangers are offering themselves up as a potential destination for Thompson as a result.

The Welsh Under-21 international was given his big break in football by Paolo Di Canio - a former Celtic striker - during his time at Swindon, before joining Norwich in 2014 and returning to Swindon for two successive loan spells.

Thompson could now be facing life away from Swindon if Norwich do loan him out to another club, though the Daily Mail note that Blackburn Rovers and Brentford, Mark Warburton's former club, are ready to rival Rangers for Thompson's signature in January.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/16/report-rangers-enquire-about-ibrox-loan-move-for-norwich-midfiel/

Louis Thompson, 20, Welsh, central & defensive midfield; contract at Norwich till 2017

Edited by der Berliner

The one thing I liked about W&W's signing policy last summer was the fact that each of the deals were done without a whiff of media speculation about the players involved.

With that in mind, why would anyone believe press speculation about who we are going for this time?

I understand these things are worth talking about on a messageboard, thats what they are for, but I hope Bears are treating media speculation about potential targets with the utter disdain that they deserve.

I recall a thread elsewhere a few years ago that listed all the players we were linked with between windows in the press, well over 100 players, and we signed one player that hadnt been mentioned. That sums up our pathetic gutter sports press in this country quite well IMO, and is another reason our Scottish press should be avoided at all costs, if the blatant bias and bigotry towards our club is not enough.