Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

There was a feck up on the website the other day saying sow played for us and a Tim was messing with his wiki page. Would imagine thats where this is coming from

The mess up showed numerous players including Scot Allan and Sow, one of the people employed at Rangers put out a message on twitter that they had a database for every player they received stats for (over 300 players). However the Osman Sow rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now.

Rangers set to sign Polish goalkeeper Maciej Gostomski on six-month deal

GOSTOMSKI'S contract with Lech Poznan expired on Hogmanay and Gers gaffer Mark Warburton has moved for the 27-year-old.

MACIEJ GOSTOMSKI jetted into Glasgow last night to sign for Rangers – just hours after Kenny Miller netted a treble in the 6-0 thrashing of Dumbarton .

The 6ft 5in Polish keeper will seal a deal at Ibrox today after impressing on trial.

Gostomski’s contract with Lech Poznan expired on Hogmanay and Gers gaffer Mark Warburton has moved for the 27-year-old.

He arrived in Glasgow late last night and told MailSport he plans to challenge Wes Foderingham for the No.1 jersey after signing a

six-month deal today.

He said: “I’m delighted to be here. I had options but this is a great opportunity and with my experience I think I can bring something to Rangers.

“They are a huge club with a great history and I want to be part of that.

“I know there are good goalkeepers here already but I want to play and fight for a place in the team.”

Gostomski rejected a new contract at Lech Poznan as well as offers from Wisla Krakow and NEC Nijmegen to sign for Gers.

He is Warburton’s second signing of the January window following winger Harry Forrester’s arrival from Doncaster Rovers .

But the Ibrox boss insisted Gostomski wouldn’t be the last to check in.

Warburton said: “We want to get business done early and hopefully we’ll get a lot more done this week.

“But no player walks straight into the team. You saw the commitment of the players at Dumbarton and whoever comes to the club has to justify their position in the team.”

Miller became the oldest player to score a hat-trick for Gers as the 36-year-old tore the Sons apart to keep his side three points clear of Hibs at the top.

But he said: “It’s not a great feat to be honest – being the oldest in the team.

“No, it’s just brilliant to get on the scoresheet. I still take great pride in leaving with the match ball.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-set-sign-polish-goalkeeper-7110168

It would appear that this can tell us two things. One, that Bell is either finished with injuries, or Warburton doesnt rate him (perhaps his attitude to recovery?). It also tells us that he doesnt believe in Kelly.

I thought Kelly was fairly well thought of, as indeed is McCrorie behind him, so I would have thought another keeper in their way towards the first team will send out a poor message to them also.

Of course the third option is that Wes wants to move or that Warbs isnt overly impressed with him either and this guy is going to be his number one.

Time will tell.

It would appear that this can tell us two things. One, that Bell is either finished with injuries, or Warburton doesnt rate him (perhaps his attitude to recovery?). It also tells us that he doesnt believe in Kelly.

I thought Kelly was fairly well thought of, as indeed is McCrorie behind him, so I would have thought another keeper in their way towards the first team will send out a poor message to them also.

Of course the third option is that Wes wants to move or that Warbs isnt overly impressed with him either and this guy is going to be his number one.

Time will tell.

The Pole is only on a six month contract, this could allow Kelly to go on loan for some game time.

It seems Bell is finished.