More dropped points – the chase is on

I disagree. The signs were there before any international breaks that we were losing steam.

To be fair, we had played well against Hibs and Alloa before the latest break and it looked as if our form was picking up again. As such, I think Zappa's argument has some merit even if the problems discussed in the article have been festering for a while....

I think Hibs were suffering a hangover from losing Scott Allan at the start of the season.

i can see a titanic struggle for first place now.

The January window may settle it. If rangers or hibs lose a key player or two, it will derail them. If hibs lose Jason Cummings for example, they'll struggle, on the field and in the dressing room.

I admire your confidence.

FWIW I think we've a real battle on our hands now to get promoted as champions.

All about opinions I guess. But I disagree Rab. I still think we will win it fairly comfortably. Hibs have hit a rich vein of form and credit to them for that. But we are still a better team than they are - they will come to Ibrox looking for the points which makes it a 6 pointer (same as when we go to Easter Road again) and I am fairly confident, despite losing at Easter Road last time out, that we will take 6 points there. That is a significant swing on its own.

Obviously no guarantees, but with a game in hand, level on points, and a transfer window still to come (I don't think we will lose any players in this window, at least not important players) I am still confident we will make 1st place our own.

Hibs aren't exactly setting the heather on fire in their current run, yes they are grinding out results like the weekends 1-0 vs Alloa and the previous 2-1 against Livi not forgetting they were lucky to take all points at home to us.

If you look at their 7 match winning run 5 of them are by the odd goal. If they were hammering the opposition I might be very concerned but they aren't...if Hibs don't drop points before we play them again I'll be monkey's uncle.

Edited by Bearman

Hibs aren't exactly setting the heather on fire in their current run, yes they are grinding out results like the weekends 1-0 vs Alloa and the previous 2-1 against Livi not forgetting they were lucky to take all points at home to us.

If you look at their 7 match winning run 5 of them are by the odd goal. If they were hammering the opposition I might be very concerned but they aren't...if Hibs don't drop points before we play them again I'll be monkey's uncle.

Winning ugly! The mark of champions?

Winning ugly! The mark of champions?

Hardly winning ugly as opposed to scraping through. If you think a 7 game winning run against the dross in this league is the mark of champions then each to their own I guess. Their win in that run against Rangers was totally undeserved as Rangers dominated without finding the target...that's football...it bites you in the arse occasionally as you well know.

Mark of champions? Honestly? You're having a laugh Pete.