Central Overload Outwits Buddies

It may be a confidence issue with Tavernier, but could it not be that he's simply being marked more? I seem to recall 2 or 3 players on him every time he got the ball. He put in a couple of good crosses -- and a bad one! -- but I don't think it's too much of an issue if he's not scoring; that's not his job, and it was really unusual that he was. If he can defend well, provide width, and put in a couple of good crosses per game, he'll be doing very well IMO.

It may be a confidence issue with Tavernier, but could it not be that he's simply being marked more? I seem to recall 2 or 3 players on him every time he got the ball. He put in a couple of good crosses -- and a bad one! -- but I don't think it's too much of an issue if he's not scoring; that's not his job, and it was really unusual that he was. If he can defend well, provide width, and put in a couple of good crosses per game, he'll be doing very well IMO.

Yip that is true, Tav is quickly closed down by two defenders when he comes forward.

Although I'm all for the attacking ethos of Warburton, I wouldn't be hugely upset if Tav didn't bomb forward quite so much. Make us just a little tighter at the back and possibly draw the opponents' left hand side forward a little, opening that flank up for our attackers a little.

Love the tactical analyses, Rousseau.

Something's not quite right with Tavernier? That's maybe the last three or four games he's been off the boil imo. I don't know if he's maybe not 100 percent fit, or he's been told to stay a bit deeper more often. But it's not working for him atm.

He's dropped off a bit the last few weeks but the high standards he set so early on probably contributes to that