Warburton to Fulham?

Swansea's philosophy is very specific, developed by Martinez and Rodgers et al. Monk was schooled by these managers, so it was an appointment that made sense in that regard, even if his experience was non-existent. Moyes hasn't got a clue when it comes to this type of football, which is why he failed at Real Sociedad. He doesn't fit IMO. Bad move.

I'll admit the Swansea link gave me a jolt of the fear. Then I realised you come across true integrity coupled with ambition very, very rarely.

Mark is ambitious, of course he is. But I reckon he realises that if he can achieve the resurrection of a world footballing institution and get us at least competing in Europe within 5 years, he will literally have his pick of the very top clubs down south.

He gives the impression of a man that knows he's involved in a truly special part of footballing history.

The flip side is that money talks. Step up and pay Dave et al, lest we let a potential golden era slip through our fingers.

Give him a seat on the board; that might put an end to such speculation. He certainly wouldn't be out of place there given his background. We did it with Walter.

That was a mistake IMO. Managers answer to the board. They shouldn't sit on the board

The (London) Times are reporting Warburton heads the list of contenders if Swansea get rid of Monk.

I never paid much attention to the Fulham rumour as I didn't see him going for it, but this is a different matter. It's a well run club that likes to play an attractive brand of football and next season's increased cash could bring a huge transfer budget.

There's no guarantee that he would get this opportunity in the future and can't necessarily see a bigger club going for a SPL manager, so it may be very attractive for him. :(

Toastie is going nowhere.

He categorically stated that he brought guys here, got them to sign 3 year contacts, and that it would be "inappropriate behaviour" to walk away and leave them after giving them his word.

I believe he is a gentleman and a man of his word.

Edited by Son Of The Somme