Warburton to Fulham?

He's linked with them and supposedly on his way down to Craven Cottage if you believe an article on the Internet.

He's be daft to go. Haven't three manager already knocked the job back? 4th pick. That wouldn't make me feel wanted.

Warburton has said of players "if they don't show me a real desire to be at this Club they won't be here". The same applies to the manager. I think he is great but if he decides to move on, then we move on regardless. I think he will stay though. Warburton sees a far bigger picture than moving to a club just because its just off The North End Road.

If it was coming from a Scottish rhag, I would point at last week and Europe. As it is English news, I just point at desperate English journos trying to whip up a story, probably knowing next to nothing about what Warburton is up to and looking forward to here.

If it was coming from a Scottish rhag, I would point at last week and Europe. As it is English news, I just point at desperate English journos trying to whip up a story, probably knowing next to nothing about what Warburton is up to and looking forward to here.

Richard Wilson is carrying the story.

Richard Wilson is carrying the story.

I know ... and it is no new story ...

Rangers boss Mark Warburton isn't interested in a move to Fulham.

Rangers boss Mark Warburton has told Sky Sports that he is 'flattered' by speculation linking him with the Fulham job, but is intent on staying at Ibrox.

Warburton has enjoyed a superb start to life at Rangers, winning 12 of his 14 league games in charge so far, whilst he has even guided the club to the Petrofac Training Cup final after a 4-0 win over St. Mirren on Saturday afternoon.

Promotion is the aim for Warburton this season, and whilst he will be focused on that task, speculation surrounds his future in the Ibrox hot seat.

The Telegraph reported over the weekend that Championship side Fulham were keen to offer Warburton a return to London, just months after he left their rivals Brentford.

Warburton guided Brentford to the Championship play-offs last season, and was harshly let go by the Bees before his move to Rangers - and that record in the Championship has seemingly caught Fulham's eye, having sacked Kit Symons earlier this month.

The Rangers boss was asked about the speculation at a press conference earlier today, and told Sky Sports that the rumours about his future are 'flattering'.

He did though state that he is completely focused on the task at hand with Rangers, meaning Fulham may have to look elsewhere for a new manager.

"It's very flattering. It's always good to be linked," said Warburton. "There are lots of times in your life when you're not linked to jobs, that's for sure. All you can do is put your head down and do your job here. The amount of clubs who change their managers down south is increasing year on year."

"I'm the Rangers manager. It's a huge club here. There's some big clubs in the English Championship - there's no doubt about that - but this is a huge club. We've started off well. There's a big project in place here and we have to be the best we can be every single day to try to take the club forward."

"It's had a tough four or five years - everyone's aware of that and everyone knows where the club has been to. They also know where the club needs to get to so we have to make sure we play a pivotal role in doing that. Down south, everyone knows about the Championship. It culminates in the richest game in world football but our focus right now is here at Rangers," he added.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/30/mark-warburton-clarifies-his-future-at-rangers-amid-speculation/

Rangers manager Mark Warburton dismisses Fulham link

Last Updated: 30/11/15 3:30pm

Mark Warburton has distanced himself from the Fulham manager's job after he was installed as the bookmakers' favourite.

The Rangers boss has been heavily linked with the vacant Craven Cottage role after leading the Ibrox side to the top of the Scottish Championship.

Warburton has overseen 12 wins out of 14 and his team will move three points clear of closest challengers Hibernian if they win their game in hand at home to Dumbarton on Tuesday.

The former Brentford manager was praised for the job he did at Griffin Park prior to his summer switch to Glasgow.

While his early efforts with Rangers have been noticed elsewhere, he is adamant he has no intention of leaving the club in the near future for a return to English football.

Fulham have been seeking a new manager for most of November after Kit Symons was sacked following a 5-2 home defeat to Birmingham.

Warburton said: "It's very flattering. It's always good to be linked. There are lots of times in your life when you're not linked to jobs, that's for sure.

"All you can do is put your head down and do your job here. The amount of clubs who change their managers down south is increasing year on year.

"I'm the Rangers manager. It's a huge club here. There's some big clubs in the English Championship - there's no doubt about that - but this is a huge club.

"We've started off well. There's a big project in place here and we have to be the best we can be every single day to try to take the club forward.

"It's had a tough four or five years - everyone's aware of that and everyone knows where the club has been to.

"They also know where the club needs to get to so we have to make sure we play a pivotal role in doing that.

"Down south, everyone knows about the Championship. It culminates in the richest game in world football but our focus right now is here at Rangers."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10085136/rangers-manager-mark-warburton-dismisses-fulham-link

He'd be mad to take the Fulham job. At least 2 others have knocked it back. Fulham are a club going nowhere since Al-Fayed sold them. I'm sure MW knows this only too well.

That said however we need to realise if he's as successful as we expect him to be here that the day will come when he does get tempted back down south.But I'd expect it to be a much bigger club than Fulham.......

Edited by RANGERRAB

I can't see him taking it unless he wants to be nearer to his family. That could be a deciding factor.

I'd agree with that pete, but I can't help thinking that if being away from his family for periods was going to be an issue, then he wouldn't have taken the job here in the first place.