Has anyone else noticed that we haven't had a lot of injuries this season compared to last season? Have we got miracle doctors and physio's now? or were last season's players cheating us feigning injury so not to play. This season none of our new players have been injured (touch wood) and the only ones injured and out for long periods of time are last season's players, Miller, Clark, shiels, law ect....personally they were getting the right training from our previous management team and coaches....

It's a fair point but we've still had a few to be fair - along with the long term absentees such as Bell, Templeton and now, Law as well. Guys like Miller, Clark, Oduwa, Zelelam and Shiels have all picked up knocks and missed games.

Perhaps we've just been lucky in the sense, it's not key players that we've missed. I'd be very worried if we lost McKay, Holt or Waghorn and while Tav has gone off the boil lately, he and Wallace are also important attacking outlets.

It's a fair point but we've still had a few to be fair - along with the long term absentees such as Bell, Templeton and now, Law as well. Guys like Miller, Clark, Oduwa, Zelelam and Shiels have all picked up knocks and missed games.

Perhaps we've just been lucky in the sense, it's not key players that we've missed. I'd be very worried if we lost McKay, Holt or Waghorn and while Tav has gone off the boil lately, he and Wallace are also important attacking outlets.

I wouldn't be very worried to be honest. Concerned, yes, but we still haven't had the chance to see the likes of Walsh and Jordan Thompson, who could make a telling contribution too. It is an opportunity for others to step up to the plate and prove they can make a contribution - hence why MW likes to keep a lean squad, it means that when we have an injury or suspension the player coming in knows he has an opportunity to impress and contribute.

Lee McCulloch did an interview (I think with STV) when he signed for Killie, in it he covered explayers who at the time were crying at how they were told they were no longer needed by the club. In the interview he mentions how players would say they were injured to avoid playing, the atmosphere at the club was terrible ect.

So it could be that we have players who actually want to play for the club.

I wouldn't be very worried to be honest. Concerned, yes, but we still haven't had the chance to see the likes of Walsh and Jordan Thompson, who could make a telling contribution too. It is an opportunity for others to step up to the plate and prove they can make a contribution - hence why MW likes to keep a lean squad, it means that when we have an injury or suspension the player coming in knows he has an opportunity to impress and contribute.

That's fair enough but with every passing game I see Waghorn as more and more of a key player. He just doesn't score vital goals but links the play, creates space and works incredibly hard all over the pitch.

Thus, while I'm not as critical as some of Clark and Miller, even I would struggle to be confident in them doing the same job on the consistent basis Waghorn has. The same goes for Holt and McKay - perhaps to a lesser degree.

With that in mind, I think we have been slightly fortunate and we definitely need another striker to take some of the weight off Waghorn.

Lee McCulloch did an interview (I think with STV) when he signed for Killie, in it he covered explayers who at the time were crying at how they were told they were no longer needed by the club. In the interview he mentions how players would say they were injured to avoid playing, the atmosphere at the club was terrible ect.

So it could be that we have players who actually want to play for the club.

Missed that interview but certainly a fair insight.

Welcome to the forum mate. :)

Missed that interview but certainly a fair insight.

Welcome to the forum mate. :)

We're they getting trained right Frankie or was it just a carry on at murraypark? Remember wee Matt McKay saying we don't do set pieces and everything is is a laugh then he disappeared off the face of the earth..

That's fair enough but with every passing game I see Waghorn as more and more of a key player. He just doesn't score vital goals but links the play, creates space and works incredibly hard all over the pitch.

Thus, while I'm not as critical as some of Clark and Miller, even I would struggle to be confident in them doing the same job on the consistent basis Waghorn has. The same goes for Holt and McKay - perhaps to a lesser degree.

With that in mind, I think we have been slightly fortunate and we definitely need another striker to take some of the weight off Waghorn.

I agree with this but Waggy's got a heavy first touch and, in the jargon, shows too much of the ball to defenders. He also takes too much time to tee up a shot. Nevertheless he's the nearest we've got to a target man who can lay off a ball to a real finisher. We're crying out for someone sharp in the box who's got close control and can get a shot away before defenders rush in to block.