Hibs' McGinn's red card downgraded to yellow - a taster for next year's decisions

Strange decision but the day we are worried about John McGinn will be a sad one.

Good stuff cos we don't want any excuses when we pump them Steve..

I don't get this attitude. What is it about our current play/form that makes us feel so confident against Hibs? Out of our last 5 league games, we've won 2 (against bottom half teams), drawn 2 and lost 1.

Earlier in the season we had reason to be confident but some of our players are off-form and our passing and movement is nothing like it was before, whereas Hibs are on a roll.

Of course it would be better if one of their best players was missing for the game against us.

I don't get this attitude. What is it about our current play/form that makes us feel so confident against Hibs? Out of our last 5 league games, we've won 2 (against bottom half teams), drawn 2 and lost 1.

Earlier in the season we had reason to be confident but some of our players are off-form and our passing and movement is nothing like it was before, whereas Hibs are on a roll.

Of course it would be better if one of their best players was missing for the game against us.

Better,...probably !

But the decision has been made, nothing more to do about it.

We need to get over the 'blip', start firing again and get the confidence back rather than worry about opposition (other than MW and the video analyst coming up with a gameplan).

Edited by buster.

I don't get this attitude....

Me neither, but for a slightly different reason. If there is a player out there who commits a rash tackle that may threaten other players' health, he should be punished according to the book. Perhaps the "more lenient ref" that we - and particularly Oduwa - suffered against Livingston set a benchmark. A benchmarl that the panel now could draw upon?

As I and others have said, should any of our players dive in like that, he would get it in the neck from all angles. Had Black done that in his time here, he would have gotten it from Rangers supporters as well.

In any case, it tells a lot about Stubbs' and Hibs' mindset that they even appealed the red card.

In other news, the SPFL are to re-introduce heavy leather balls, allow barges on the goalkeeper, enforce the mandatory wearing of flat caps and appoint Gregor Stevens and Ian Black as national coaches.

For Christ's sake, is football in Scotland ever going to evolve beyond hammer throwing?

Edited by Germinal

When they beat us at Easter rd we should have buried them in the second half I'm confident that we'll put them and the Baines to the sword...

Better,...probably !

But the decision has been made, nothing more to do about it.

We need to get over the 'blip', start firing again and get the confidence back rather than worry about opposition (other than MW and the video analyst coming up with a gameplan).

Well said....

A taster for next year's decisions? Just hope that our performances improve sufficiently to ensure that we will be potentially complaining about decisions in Celtic, Aberdeen games etc. and not decisions against Raith Rovers and Morton etc.

I did hesitate in my presumption, 'tis true, but then decided to go ahead with it. We should make the top 16 ;)

Jest - not that I believe in a change that is not decided and announced before a season starts

Edited by SteveC

Utterly ridiculous decision to downgrade it but I keep hearing in my work that we get all the decisions??? So we do! I wish we were playing tonight this has fired me right up for the next two games!!

Lol get in there dado. I've just watched it, who's kidding who here it was a shocker...