Player Ratings and MoM poll...

Guest grovecot

Barry for me. Yes, Burke played well but on the basis of effort, creativity and effectiveness doesn't quite score so highly.

Also, I thought Hutton wasn't quite a 9 and Rae was better than a 6. Rae looked a different player to the inept oaf who played in the away leg.

I was also impressed with Weir. Is he our best 'panic buy' since Henning Berg?

Allan McGregor - 7

Solid performance, bizarre sending off. Don't know if anyone seen it excpet the lino.

Alan Hutton - 7

Good defensivley, could have done better when supporting Burke down the right. Seemed to get in his way or not give the right option.

Ian Murray - 6

Solid defensivley but didn't really give much going forward.

David Weir - 8

A rock at the heart of the defence, strolled through the game.

Brahim Hemdani - 8

Same as Weir, rarely troubled and looked very comfortable

Gavin Rae - 6

Decent performance, battled well and did better as the game went on.

Kevin Thomson - 7

Did ok but it will be good to see him fully fit and with a run of games under his belt.

Barry Ferguson - 9

Our captain ran the show last night. 2 goals and a man of the match performance. God knows what we'd do without him right now.

Chris Burke - 8

Sensational first half. Gave both full backs a torrid time. Faded slightly in the second but the job was done.

Nacho Novo - 7

Worked tirelessly for the team and gave his all for the jersey. Did some good work defensivley but sometimes choose the wrong option going forward. Unlucky to be subbed

Kris Boyd - 7

Scored crucial second goal but other than that did little to silence his critics. Work rate and build up play still aren't there.

Dado Prso - 7

Gave Hapoel real problems and probably should have scored. great to see him fit again.

Stefan Klos - 5

Didn't have too much to do, had a couple of poor kick outs and clearly needs mach practice before the next round.

Charlie Adam - 5

Took his goal well and dug in well in the closing minutes

No doubt about the man of the match, although he was exhausted by the final whistle!

It does seem now there is a definite bias of opinion on strikers work rate and build up play based on PLG's opinions.

There may not have been a huge improvement in Boyd's work rate and build up play last night but Prso, despite setting up a goal and one strike was woeful with the ball.

Aside from the simple square ball for Barry's second every single time Prso passed the ball it went astray.

This isn't a dig at the big man and I know he wasn't on long. It just seems guys like him and Novo start off 1 point better off in the ratings before a game has even started in most cases.

Boyd definitely held the ball up better last night. At least he occasionally laid the ball back to a team mate.

It does seem now there is a definite bias of opinion on strikers work rate and build up play based on PLG's opinions.

There may not have been a huge improvement in Boyd's work rate and build up play last night but Prso, despite setting up a goal and one strike was woeful with the ball.

Aside from the simple square ball for Barry's second every single time Prso passed the ball it went astray.

This isn't a dig at the big man and I know he wasn't on long. It just seems guys like him and Novo start off 1 point better off in the ratings before a game has even started in most cases.

Boyd definitely held the ball up better last night. At least he occasionally laid the ball back to a team mate.

That's the thing, Prso runs all day and creates a lot for the team, but i can't remember his last goal or the one before that, maybe we could clone him and Boyd :D

Prso's first touch and general play was terrible last night, but to be fair he has been out recently.

I thought that Gavin Rae played well apart from a few loose balls which could have put us in trouble. He looked much more comfortable in centre midfield as opposed to out on the wing. Shame his effort from the corner didn't go in as I think a goal would mean a lot to him, especially if he moves on in the summer.

Davie Weir has made a big difference at the back, we look so much more solid and I thought Hutton had an excellent game. He finally seems to be improving. Thomson had a quiet but effective game, I hope he can stay fit and get a run in the side now.

We still look a bit unbalanced without a proper left winger, but Burke and Novo switching wings will do as a stop-gap. I just hope we can keep the momentum up and build on last night's performance.