Rangers v Hibs, thoughts on big game mentality

Warburton better not try the 3 centre backs farce again, like at Easter Rd. He has to just play Kiernan & Ball as Wilson has been terrible since his return to the club without an experienced partner to keep him right and a proper defensive midfielder to protect him. I hope he brings back Gasporatto next week from his loan spell as I read good things about him and think he is ready to come in. Got to be better than continuing to give game time to develop a loanee for Spurs benefit, and bring in an experienced organiser centre half to play alongside him.

In midfield we need to match up with 4 in here if we are to get anywhere. Holt & Halliday seem to be nailed on, so it should be a pick between Shiels, Law, McKay, Oduwa & Zelalem for the other two spots. I have been impressed with the little I have seen of Thompson, but he is clearly not going to come into the side on Monday.

Up front we need to play a twin strike force, and Waghorn will play so it is between Miller Clark & Hardie for the other starter. Not a great choice and I expect to be disappointed when I read Millers name in the line up. Waghorn has been isolated far too often up front on his own, and when he has drifted in search of the ball or space it has left nobody in a scoring position, so a second central striker should work better.

If Warburton sticks to his 4-3-3 and we play anything like we have done for the last 2 months, I fear we will not win. If he accepts his formation and tactics are not working with this current squad, we have a chance. The line up will tell us the managers thinking, and whatever formation and players get the nod on Monday, we better see them outfight Hibs all over the park as an absolute minimum and move the ball much much quicker than we have been doing. Those two things alone should be enough to win.

Warburton better not try the 3 centre backs farce again, like at Easter Rd. He has to just play Kiernan & Ball as Wilson has been terrible since his return to the club without an experienced partner to keep him right and a proper defensive midfielder to protect him. I hope he brings back Gasporatto next week from his loan spell as I read good things about him and think he is ready to come in. Got to be better than continuing to give game time to develop a loanee for Spurs benefit, and bring in an experienced organiser centre half to play alongside him.

In midfield we need to match up with 4 in here if we are to get anywhere. Holt & Halliday seem to be nailed on, so it should be a pick between Shiels, Law, McKay, Oduwa & Zelalem for the other two spots. I have been impressed with the little I have seen of Thompson, but he is clearly not going to come into the side on Monday.

Up front we need to play a twin strike force, and Waghorn will play so it is between Miller Clark & Hardie for the other starter. Not a great choice and I expect to be disappointed when I read Millers name in the line up. Waghorn has been isolated far too often up front on his own, and when he has drifted in search of the ball or space it has left nobody in a scoring position, so a second central striker should work better.

If Warburton sticks to his 4-3-3 and we play anything like we have done for the last 2 months, I fear we will not win. If he accepts his formation and tactics are not working with this current squad, we have a chance. The line up will tell us the managers thinking, and whatever formation and players get the nod on Monday, we better see them outfight Hibs all over the park as an absolute minimum and move the ball much much quicker than we have been doing. Those two things alone should be enough to win.

Gaspa is there till the end of the season

Gaspa is there till the end of the season

Is that definite? I knew they were moving towards it and it seemed a formality

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/s...tay_at_Morton/

but perhaps something went wrong. The deal isn't quite completed in the above article and it hints at obstacles plus this on the official site recently still says January:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/rangers-loan-watch-5/