Rangers could face punishment over sectarian chanting

If you feel you're posh you may be interested in the fact that Lidl stock the following Italian fine wines at a good price:

Amarone della Valpolicella

Brunello di Montalcino

Bolgheri

For France they have:

Fronsac

Saint-Julien

Sant-Émilion Grand Cru

You'll struggle to find wines of that prestige and quality in Tesco and Asda who are really chaving down these days.

I shop almost everywhere: Costco, Lidl, Aldi, Waitrose, M&S, Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda and occasionally Morrisons. Iceland and Coop seem to be the two I never shop from. Depends where I am beforehand, what I'm looking for, or what wine offers are on...

Not sure about a lesson in food but the point is that any stigma attached to Aldi and Lidl by Tesco and Asda loyals are very ironic... and Celtic fans are not in the former pair's class. :)

Yea, Tesco and Asda have really dumbed down their wines. They are dreadful. M&S and Waitrose are good although M&S tends to be slightly overpriced.

I'm more of a white drinker so I'll need to check out Lidl's range of burgandys.

Yea, Tesco and Asda have really dumbed down their wines. They are dreadful. M&S and Waitrose are good although M&S tends to be slightly overpriced.

I'm more of a white drinker so I'll need to check out Lidl's range of burgandys.

M&S are excellent when they do the 25% off everything offer once every few months or so. Waitrose similarly but less interesting stuff to choose from. Costco have a permanent 25% off and have some very good wines, but you can get bored quickly as the choice is limited.

As for Lidl Burgandy, haven't tried any or really seen any yet. Would be happy if they chose to stock a £15 Meursault or Montrachet. However, with regards to the reds, they are well priced, and while they are reasonably good, you get what you pay for somewhat...

Buy 6 or 12 at a time.....it's much cheaper and deliveries free. I would recommend Tesco's Vouvray if you're into chenin blanc or Brown Brothers which is slightly less lemony and a little sweeter