Other than one small Google Ad at the bottom of each page, there's no adverts on this site mate - must be an issue with spy/malware or something. Perhaps try reinstalling Chrome or certainly run your anti-virus software.

Definitely sounds like an adware virus problem. I had something similar, and uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work, neither did my anti-virus. I tried a few fee antivirus programs and they failed - and some are pretty much adware themselves.

I can't quite remember which one I found that works but think it was this one (but not sure, will have to check):

https://www.malwarebytes.org/junkwareremovaltool/

A quick workaround while you're sorting it (and to search and download without being bombarded with ads) is to install another, less popular browser - such as Opera or Puffin. I found it best to download the installer with another device and then copy it over to the infected computer.

Good luck.

Edited by calscot

PS I was thinking this thread might be about the content of the ads - like some politician did on twitter once with an oposition site containing adult adverts, and in return was quite gleefully informed about how Adsense works. :D

Definitely sounds like an adware virus problem. I had something similar, and uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work, neither did my anti-virus. I tried a few fee antivirus programs and they failed - and some are pretty much adware themselves.

I can't quite remember which one I found that works but think it was this one (but not sure, will have to check):

https://www.malwarebytes.org/junkwareremovaltool/

A quick workaround while you're sorting it (and to search and download without being bombarded with ads) is to install another, less popular browser - such as Opera or Puffin. I found it best to download the installer with another device and then copy it over to the infected computer.

Good luck.

Thanks for help but simply de-installed Chrome and re-installed as per Frankie's advice and now ok.

Thanks for help but simply de-installed Chrome and re-installed as per Frankie's advice and now ok.

Add extensions to your Google Chrome mate, cause it'll happen again no doubt.

I'd suggest 'Adblock Plus' as it'll block everything that wants to appear on your screen...since I've added this (years ago) I've never had a problem with pesty ads ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any adverts anymore. I now use DuckDuckgo as search engine and only go through google via a search on DuckDuckgo. i will agree it is not as good as google as search engine but you don't get all the Google shite.

As Bearman said Ad-block plus is also excellent.

Edited by pete

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of info. Last year I put a SSD(solid state drive) hard disk into my computer as upstart and operating disk. Greatest thing I ever did(computer wise). Computer now starts up in about 17 seconds reacts immediately in anything you do. I put one into my sons computer last weekend and installed windows on it and he also can't believe how quick his computer reacts. I would advise it to anyone. You can probably get a 128gig for about 50pounds and is worth every penny especially if you have to restart your computer regularly.