Really poor support from the RST

Firstly, I've been an RST member for a while and contribute to BuyRangers. Not only that, but I made a sizable contribution to the Gersnet BuyRangers initiative. I've never really had any dealings with the RST, I've just paid my money and that was it. I do the same with RangersFirst. Fan ownership isn't necessarily something I'm that interested in but after recent events I felt I needed to do something and this was what I did.

Anyway, recently one of my online accounts was hacked into, this was an account linked to my bank account and this gave me considerable panic. Although I immediately alerted my bank, I still needed to get on top of this and change passwords for all my online accounts ASAP, they had personal information and still contained some bank information, even if the card was cancelled. I had to to do this on LOTS of online accounts, but generally it was an easy process; I could just log into my account and change it, or I could click a password reset link, and I would immediately get password reset instructions.

Anyway, I got to RangersFirst. I was impressed to find a decent looking interface that was intuitive to use, I navigated to the account area and quickly changed my password. Problem solved. Then I got to the RST and logged on. Here I found pretty much nothing to navigate in the member area, there was no option to change password and not even an option to send a reset link or anything. As a workaround, I decided to log out, then say I had forgotten my password. Unfortunately, no email came. So I emailed them on the 4th of January, with 'Urgent' in the subject, advising them of the situation. No response. I then tried the forgotten password link again, and this time it worked. I sent a further email on the 11th January advising them what had happened. Again, they ignored it.

What pisses me off is that they're just either completely ignoring emails or they don't even monitor them. I'm paying them for a service, they have my personal information and bank details and they have a duty to support their customer base and their privacy. This is something they need to rectify and to be honest I'm extremely tempted to cancel my association with them. They don't seem to have any problems when it comes to accepting my money.

People might think I'm being pedantic here but the hacking situation gave me a horrendous fright, though I believe I have got to the bottom of it. I found the RST's support here to be completely unacceptable.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I joined the RST more or less right at the start. Everything went fine at first but then went steadily downhill. While appreciating that some put in many many hours of work into the organisation their website is an absolute shambles and has been the same for years now. Despite assurances that work to improve things was ongoing nothing has changed. Their communications, apart from the circulars is a disgrace. I have no doubt that is the reason for the fall in membership numbers.

You are by no means being pedantic, there should be a quick and simple method of changing your password.

It is pleasing to note that you were able to do that with RF but they are by no means above reproach: a great deal of information on their web site is way out of date, they haven't published Minutes for almost two years, by general consensus they mismanaged the recent poll about a loan and Mr Blair has not replied to my email in that respect (though doubtless he has his hands full).

If that action had been taken at the beginning I'm sure everything would have been sorted out.

Well, to be fair, not everyone will know who plgsarmy is and the Trust really should be replying promptly to emails.

If that action had been taken at the beginning I'm sure everything would have been sorted out.

Being a newbie here Bear I had no idea that poster had any connection to RST. However, fans joining shouldn't have to also sign up to a Rangers forum to be able to make contact with the RST.

My yearly fee was debited this morning so some things work OK. (I am a member of RF too, btw............just in case this thread gets derailed, as there's an eye-watering/brain melting/hope destroying one ongoing on FF already!)

I joined the RST more or less right at the start. Everything went fine at first but then went steadily downhill. While appreciating that some put in many many hours of work into the organisation their website is an absolute shambles and has been the same for years now. Despite assurances that work to improve things was ongoing nothing has changed. Their communications, apart from the circulars is a disgrace. I have no doubt that is the reason for the fall in membership numbers.

We actually changed the website about a year ago and paid a lot of money for it. I agree with you though, it's crap. We were promised something that was all singing, all dancing. It's really disappointing and included an e-mail address that was going to nobody. We would do something about it but with the new fans group proposal it's probably not worth it. BTW our membership number haven't gone down.

Firstly, I've been an RST member for a while and contribute to BuyRangers. Not only that, but I made a sizable contribution to the Gersnet BuyRangers initiative. I've never really had any dealings with the RST, I've just paid my money and that was it. I do the same with RangersFirst. Fan ownership isn't necessarily something I'm that interested in but after recent events I felt I needed to do something and this was what I did.

Anyway, recently one of my online accounts was hacked into, this was an account linked to my bank account and this gave me considerable panic. Although I immediately alerted my bank, I still needed to get on top of this and change passwords for all my online accounts ASAP, they had personal information and still contained some bank information, even if the card was cancelled. I had to to do this on LOTS of online accounts, but generally it was an easy process; I could just log into my account and change it, or I could click a password reset link, and I would immediately get password reset instructions.

Anyway, I got to RangersFirst. I was impressed to find a decent looking interface that was intuitive to use, I navigated to the account area and quickly changed my password. Problem solved. Then I got to the RST and logged on. Here I found pretty much nothing to navigate in the member area, there was no option to change password and not even an option to send a reset link or anything. As a workaround, I decided to log out, then say I had forgotten my password. Unfortunately, no email came. So I emailed them on the 4th of January, with 'Urgent' in the subject, advising them of the situation. No response. I then tried the forgotten password link again, and this time it worked. I sent a further email on the 11th January advising them what had happened. Again, they ignored it.

What pisses me off is that they're just either completely ignoring emails or they don't even monitor them. I'm paying them for a service, they have my personal information and bank details and they have a duty to support their customer base and their privacy. This is something they need to rectify and to be honest I'm extremely tempted to cancel my association with them. They don't seem to have any problems when it comes to accepting my money.

People might think I'm being pedantic here but the hacking situation gave me a horrendous fright, though I believe I have got to the bottom of it. I found the RST's support here to be completely unacceptable.

The e-mail address wasn't linked to any of us so weren't going anywhere that we know. They are now going to our secretary who I know is really swamped at the moment so I'm sorry your e-mails haven't been responded to.