Really poor support from the RST

It'll all be academic once the Rangers fan groups are operating in perfect unison, each with their own specific areas of responsibility...[emoji6]

Yes it will MB but it's not academic now and hasn't been for the past two years and the failure to disclose the number obviously begs the question why?

The answer has typically been obfuscation like "why should we", "it's irrelevant" etc.

BTW this is not a one way street, I steadfastly pursued RF to disclose numbers in the early days until eventually they put it up on the site. The big difference of course is that all RF members are paying donations so it is relatively easy to estimate that they are bringing in about £150,000 per month (at an average £10+) but it is impossible to estimate a figure for the RST because they won't disclose how many of the 6,000 are paying into BR.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I've asked this question here and elswhere on several occasions over the past 2 years and all one ever gets is obfuscation of the type put out by Bearman; at least plgsarmy just says she's not telling.

Perhaps if we ply her with enough drink at the dinner she'll give up this big secret :devil:

No chance. I'm driving!!!!!

It'll all be academic once the Rangers fan groups are operating in perfect unison, each with their own specific areas of responsibility...[emoji6]

The idea is just to have one group. Potentially using existing mechanisms in the background but everyone will be a member of the larger group.

The idea is just to have one group. Potentially using existing mechanisms in the background but everyone will be a member of the larger group.

I thought the groups were proposing to operate under a single umbrella organisation, but would continue to exist as separate entities - a bit like the EU!

Obviously, I'll defer to your inside knowledge though PLG.

Their website says 6250 members. That's roughly 3 times the pre Administration level.

Obviously, if you're collecting subs from members of the public, your systems and processes have to be able to cope with routine requests like SBS', so his experience is very disappointing. However, we should never lose sight of the outstanding work the RST did to galvanise the wider support and help force regime change.

IMHO, if any Rangers related organisation deserves a bit of patience and understanding, it's the Trust.

The Trust receives my full patience and understanding MB. More power to their elbow as far as I'm concerned. But that doesn't change the fact that their communications are rubbish. In estimating the number of members I completely forgot the effect of the last 18 months. The Rangers support stepped forward and should be praised for digging into their pockets. When I mentioned member numbers dropping I meant pre-admin.

Firstly, I've been an RST member for a while and contribute to BuyRangers. Not only that, but I made a sizable contribution to the Gersnet BuyRangers initiative. I've never really had any dealings with the RST, I've just paid my money and that was it. I do the same with RangersFirst. Fan ownership isn't necessarily something I'm that interested in but after recent events I felt I needed to do something and this was what I did.

Anyway, recently one of my online accounts was hacked into, this was an account linked to my bank account and this gave me considerable panic. Although I immediately alerted my bank, I still needed to get on top of this and change passwords for all my online accounts ASAP, they had personal information and still contained some bank information, even if the card was cancelled. I had to to do this on LOTS of online accounts, but generally it was an easy process; I could just log into my account and change it, or I could click a password reset link, and I would immediately get password reset instructions.

Anyway, I got to RangersFirst. I was impressed to find a decent looking interface that was intuitive to use, I navigated to the account area and quickly changed my password. Problem solved. Then I got to the RST and logged on. Here I found pretty much nothing to navigate in the member area, there was no option to change password and not even an option to send a reset link or anything. As a workaround, I decided to log out, then say I had forgotten my password. Unfortunately, no email came. So I emailed them on the 4th of January, with 'Urgent' in the subject, advising them of the situation. No response. I then tried the forgotten password link again, and this time it worked. I sent a further email on the 11th January advising them what had happened. Again, they ignored it.

What pisses me off is that they're just either completely ignoring emails or they don't even monitor them. I'm paying them for a service, they have my personal information and bank details and they have a duty to support their customer base and their privacy. This is something they need to rectify and to be honest I'm extremely tempted to cancel my association with them. They don't seem to have any problems when it comes to accepting my money.

People might think I'm being pedantic here but the hacking situation gave me a horrendous fright, though I believe I have got to the bottom of it. I found the RST's support here to be completely unacceptable.

Can you give me your name and membership number and I'll get this checked out?