Rangers, the Daily Record, the obsessed and their obsessions.

I happened upon the Daily Record sports hotline earlier where Rangers, the only show in town were again the main topic of discussion.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sports-hotline-warburton-says-wont-7186596?

Having read it I began to wonder who, apart from Rangers fans could possibly be annoyed enough to pick up a telephone and waste time talking about a team he obviously doesn't support and probably more to the point, why the Daily Record would print what they had to say.

Lance Little from Erskine who wrote, “Once again we have total disrespect shown by Rangers to a player, his club and even their fans. Bidding outrageously low is insulting to both player and club and must be embarrassing to all associated to Rangers. If they really want a player, then as most people do when they cannot afford something, they must start to save up their pennies for him.” is no stranger to the hotline. Here he is previously, “Pot and Kettle stuff from Rangers who are looking for player protection as over the years it has been their players other teams needed protection from. Remember Lee “Elbows” McCulloch, Graeme Souness, Terry Hurlock, etc. If you dish it out you must be prepared to take it back and stop bleating. Poor little overpaid players getting bullied.” or earlier, “How refreshing to see a fair decision by the SFA in the Griffiths case. It’s obvious he is just a silly young boy who got caught up in the moment while out with his mates. Give him a break.”

Eddie Eason from Balingry who said, “The Breadman says he won’t be held to ransom. Get in the real world Warbs, your chairman said he was going to spend £30million. From this statement clubs will always want top dollar for their players.” also has previous. “The Scarlet Pimpernel arrives from South Africa and the hot air and sound bites start flowing. The gullible will fall for it again. Rangers owe Mike Ashley £5 million so just pay the man or are they going to try and dodge that like they did with the rest of their creditors?” Interestigly Lance also makes another appearance the same day on the hotline.

What is it with these guys ? Do they not have enough to worry about with their own club ? If you supported an under-achieving team, playing crap football and with a poor manager would you even take a second to consider the minutiae of what's happening at another team ?

We need to realise that the pondlife who phone in to radio stations or newspapers to vent their hatred of Rangers are invariably inadequate people who lead inadequate lives who find this hatred of Rangers as a means of escapism from their low esteem ,low intellect & low social standing.

My gripe is with the mhedia organisations who feed on these people & try to portray them as normal & respectable but whose opinions are often disturbing to the point of insanity.

They really are a special breed. They amount of time they invest into a teams affairs who they allege no longer exists is truly staggering and I seriously doubt if any rivalry in world football has one set of fans so engrossed in the other teams tax schemes, ownership, history of those owners etc.

Mental and actually quite worrying.

Edited by Chibmark

I don't believe for one minute these 'callers' actually exist!!!!

Like "This is not our opinion...we are only writing it on behalf of someone else". I can't believe anyone would go to the bother to pick up the phone and waste their time as the OP has pointed out.

It's that rag of a paper who need their arse kicked and the only way to achieve that is - DO NOT BUY IT!

Edited by Bearman

I happened upon the Daily Record sports hotline earlier where Rangers, the only show in town were again the main topic of discussion.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sports-hotline-warburton-says-wont-7186596?

Having read it I began to wonder who, apart from Rangers fans could possibly be annoyed enough to pick up a telephone and waste time talking about a team he obviously doesn't support and probably more to the point, why the Daily Record would print what they had to say.

Lance Little from Erskine who wrote, “Once again we have total disrespect shown by Rangers to a player, his club and even their fans. Bidding outrageously low is insulting to both player and club and must be embarrassing to all associated to Rangers. If they really want a player, then as most people do when they cannot afford something, they must start to save up their pennies for him.” is no stranger to the hotline. Here he is previously, “Pot and Kettle stuff from Rangers who are looking for player protection as over the years it has been their players other teams needed protection from. Remember Lee “Elbows” McCulloch, Graeme Souness, Terry Hurlock, etc. If you dish it out you must be prepared to take it back and stop bleating. Poor little overpaid players getting bullied.” or earlier, “How refreshing to see a fair decision by the SFA in the Griffiths case. It’s obvious he is just a silly young boy who got caught up in the moment while out with his mates. Give him a break.”

Eddie Eason from Balingry who said, “The Breadman says he won’t be held to ransom. Get in the real world Warbs, your chairman said he was going to spend £30million. From this statement clubs will always want top dollar for their players.” also has previous. “The Scarlet Pimpernel arrives from South Africa and the hot air and sound bites start flowing. The gullible will fall for it again. Rangers owe Mike Ashley £5 million so just pay the man or are they going to try and dodge that like they did with the rest of their creditors?” Interestigly Lance also makes another appearance the same day on the hotline.

What is it with these guys ? Do they not have enough to worry about with their own club ? If you supported an under-achieving team, playing crap football and with a poor manager would you even take a second to consider the minutiae of what's happening at another team ?

For God sake don't listen to Clyde phone - in then boabie. I chucked it years ago bro, the amount of so called gers fans who phone that and moan about us is unbelievable .....

For God sake don't listen to Clyde phone - in then boabie. I chucked it years ago bro, the amount of so called gers fans who phone that and moan about us is unbelievable .....

Clyde phone in got binned more years ago than I care to remember mate. I also took great delight in cancelling my Glasgow Herald one day when the smelly one was still working for a living. Harbouring a grudge is something dear to me. There are radio shows I don't listen to, papers I don't read and football stadiums I will never see the inside of again simply because of what they have said about me and my friends. The hotline in the topic came about via Newsnow Rangers. Somewhere I'd expect to read articles about my club .