Footie yobs are scaring the decent fans away

"But the nasty minority are slowly emptying our grounds, to the extent Glasgow Warriors now get bigger crowds than some of our Premiership clubs. I get that.

At Scotstoun you don’t need a flak jacket to avoid missiles. You can share a half-time pint with rival fans without worrying about a sore face."

Mibbe so - but you have to watch rugby, ffs

Here is a radical idea, ban all away fans from every home game, at every club in Scotland. That will stop any trouble and the home fan will be safe to watch the game at their home ground in peace, Us Rangers fans won't have to put up with sectarian abuse from away fans at Ibrox, and our travelling support won't be attacked at Parkhead, Pittodrie, Easter Road and other grounds.

Seams a fair and reasonable answer in my opinion, wonder what other clubs think of that idea?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Almost on a weekly basis Provan includes something derogatory about Rangers in his column. He claims to be "frank and fearless "

I find him to be "tedious and tiresome "

What people like Provan cannot accept is that whilst the 'sectarian problem' has been diminishing at Rangers games over the past decade or so it has been substantially increasing at at the yahoos games most noticeably through the GB.

Last week at Stranraer was one of many such incidents over the past few seasons.

Firstly what he says I think we will all agree with that you should feel safe and have no problem taking your wife and kids to a game. What he gets wrong in my view is that leagues could be lost or won because of idiots that cause trouble. That is putting an unfair plaster over a wound. Do these people really care if a team loses points? can you imagine helicopter Sunday but then winning the league because of an idiot doing something. It would not feel right as it was not won on the football field.

The real way is to stop drunken idiots and pyrotechnics getting into the ground.

Totally agree but still think the Club has to address the issue of those receiving paper tickets for the bigger games as I believe this is where the singing problem comes from.Was in usual place for yesterdays game and did not hear any untoward singing.

The idea that clubs should be deducted points because of some clowns in their support misbehaving is just ridiculous. Ideas like that should be filed under 'idiotic' and guys like Stewart Regan who have these brain farts in the first place should be shown the door at Hampden before they ruin Scottish football any more than they already have.

The idea that clubs should be deducted points because of some clowns in their support misbehaving is just ridiculous. Ideas like that should be filed under 'idiotic' and guys like Stewart Regan who have these brain farts in the first place should be shown the door at Hampden before they ruin Scottish football any more than they already have.

More importantly who decides if a club would get deducted points or not? The SFA? A SFA comittee made up of clubs reps? Great way to deduct points from your competetion eh?

And who decides what 'offence' leads to points deductions?

And would every senior game in Scotland be scrutinised in the same way?

And most worrying of all would all clubs be treated fairly? I think we all know the answer to this one don't we?

I'm remembering the tit who ran onto the pitch in a European game against an Israeli side and chained himself to the goalposts. He was a tim but it was us that got fined by Uefa for it

Here is a radical idea, ban all away fans from every home game, at every club in Scotland. That will stop any trouble and the home fan will be safe to watch the game at their home ground in peace, Us Rangers fans won't have to put up with sectarian abuse from away fans at Ibrox, and our travelling support won't be attacked at Parkhead, Pittodrie, Easter Road and other grounds.

Seams a fair and reasonable answer in my opinion, wonder what other clubs think of that idea?

Like it weeblue...and we don't have to listen to our sectarian singing at away games that way we won't get heavy fines we can't afford...