Jim Forrest or Ally McCoist?

Big Derek when playing up front as a striker caused mayhem for the opposition. He was not a bad central defender as well.

Jim Forrest or Ally McCoist??...Forrest for his 145 in 3 and a half years...and Ally for his 355 in fifteen years.

Tommy Docherty said he would build the Scotland team around big Derek at CH, Docherty left to manage Manu pretty quickly though so I am not sure how many games big D actually played there.

Edited by pete

Tommy Docherty said he would build the Scotland team around big Derek at CH, Docherty left to manage Manu pretty quickly though so I am not sure how many games big D actually played there.

Docherty was a dumpling Pete. Anybody who knew anything about Derek Johnstone knew , good centre half that he turned out to prove, the only reason he wanted to play there was because he was lazy and saw that all those nights in the Normandy Hotel guzzling champagne with fat sluts meant he could no longer hack it as a forward. Docherty is the last person I'd look to if I was evaluating a Rangers player. He detested us.

Docherty was a dumpling Pete. Anybody who knew anything about Derek Johnstone knew , good centre half that he turned out to prove, the only reason he wanted to play there was because he was lazy and saw that all those nights in the Normandy Hotel guzzling champagne with fat sluts meant he could no longer hack it as a forward. Docherty is the last person I'd look to if I was evaluating a Rangers player. He detested us.

...and winning trophies were just a by-pass....Aye right! Behave yourself Boaby ffs.

I used to work in the Normandy at that time but I can't remember him drinking Champagne. it was mostly lager and vodka and orange that i served him. He also drank in the Renfrew Ferry bar and the story goes that he used to participate in vodka drinking competitions. I can't substantiate that though. Craig Davis the Normandy DJ used to drink a Sarsaparilla. He used to come to the bar and in his poofy voice would say" Can I have a Sarsaparilla please." Derek did often stand at the bar on a Friday night before a Saturday game having a drink.

I used to work in the Normandy at that time but I can't remember him drinking Champagne. it was mostly lager and vodka and orange that i served him. He also drank in the Renfrew Ferry bar and the story goes that he used to participate in vodka drinking competitions. I can't substantiate that though. Craig Davis the Normandy DJ used to drink a Sarsaparilla. He used to come to the bar and in his poofy voice would say" Can I have a Sarsaparilla please." Derek did often stand at the bar on a Friday night before a Saturday game having a drink.

My wife was a waitress at the Normandy at that time and I drank in the place. Champagne was a regular order for him and whatever crowd of lassies he had with him. His favourite record was Belfast by Boney M.

My wife was a waitress at the Normandy at that time and I drank in the place. Champagne was a regular order for him and whatever crowd of lassies he had with him. His favourite record was Belfast by Boney M.

Big DJ was a whoremaister back in those days Pete lol...

If he was sitting in the hall getting waitresses to serve him then I would not have seen what he was drinking but he used to stand at the bar in the corner regularly when alone and drank a half-pint of lager and a vodka and orange. I worked there for about 6-8 months probably around 1975. I had to stop because my wife got jealous of all the attention i was getting from other females. It was great being a barman there.:D

Wonderful. We start comparing Super and JF and wander into the uselessness of Docherty, DJ's dissipation and the shockingly poor standards of a hotel's bar staff.

Not complaining - it's what we'd do if we were blethering live.

From recollection, Scotland's record under Docherty wasn't bad.

If he was sitting in the hall getting waitresses to serve him then I would not have seen what he was drinking but he used to stand at the bar in the corner regularly when alone and drank a half-pint of lager and a vodka and orange. I worked there for about 6-8 months probably around 1975. I had to stop because my wife got jealous of all the attention i was getting from other females. It was great being a barman there.:D

My mates and I must've worn out your shoe leather getting us drinks. :cheers:

Great memory of a joke about Docherty it was the year that he compared Carthorse Forsyth to thoroughbred Channon,never forget Tam's tackle.

Was in old Rangers Club and Andy Cameron was on,he started a sing-song of Scottish tunes then said he had an anouncement that Scotland were appointing a new coach in Docherty they were taking his teeth out and putting in seats,only Andy could get away with that one.