Chris McLaughlin's lack of balance apparent again

This I Dont agree with vehemently ...where have the UK Government ever questioned the BBC? You must live on an another planet...stupid thing to come out with.

Yes the regional sports department is ignored I'd agree with that, even the UK Government would as well? :seal:

Given your previous reply contained this:

If Scottish folk got together and refused to pay the fee it would drive the scum from those who abuse the BBC...namely the Irish Catholics....but up here in Scotland they think they've took over the BBC, they may have, but the British Broadcasting Company couldn't care less anyway...they still get their tv licence money off the Scottish folk.

easily the most ignorant post I've seen on this board, the chances of me taking advice on what's stupid and what isn't from you are not next to zero, they are zero. You can waste your time replying to my posts but you won't get a response after this.

Edited by andy steel

They are a public funded company,they are refusing to provide a service they have already been paid for!

This is the problem with compulsory payments. It's hard to believe a commercial company who are reliant on "voluntary" subscribers would take the same stance as the BBC.

What is this guff?

The very report of a ban is bias in itself. He wasn't banned last time and I'd bet money on it he hasn't been banned this time either. All Rangers have done is remove hospitality and media privileges while he's at Ibrox. He's still free to attend Ibrox, provided he buys a ticket and sits in the stand, whenever he likes he just wont be afforded any hospitality or privileges that the press normally receive. As far as I'm concerned the BBC Scotland sports service is disappearing up its own backside with this petty nonsense.

What is this guff?

The very report of a ban is bias in itself. He wasn't banned last time and I'd bet money on it he hasn't been banned this time either. All Rangers have done is remove hospitality and media privileges while he's at Ibrox. He's still free to attend Ibrox, provided he buys a ticket and sits in the stand, whenever he likes he just wont be afforded any hospitality or privileges that the press normally receive. As far as I'm concerned the BBC Scotland sports service is disappearing up its own backside with this petty nonsense.

He has been banned from press conferences etc, which impacts his ability to do his job. I don't think it's too outrageous to say that there is a ban in place.

He has been banned from press conferences etc, which impacts his ability to do his job. I don't think it's too outrageous to say that there is a ban in place.

That's just semantics Bd.

He hasn't been banned blocked or prohibited from entering the stadium so can do his job reporting on the team during match days if he does as suggested above. Seems to me he's had a fair stab at messing up the 'doing his job' part of your reply on his own without Rangers input. I cant remember the last time he reported on a press conference at Ibrox instead favouring, indeed featuring predominantly, the lowest common denominator in most of his stunted myopia in opinion pieces. Let me state my own position for the record I am absolutely against censorship of any kind. As far as I'm concerned the press had a public duty to report the ins and outs of what was going on at all levels during the shenanigans a few years ago however there is a difference between that and what this person attempts to do.

Its a courtesy that was extended to him and others of the press from Rangers where he received hospitality and access that other mere mortals simply don't and that is the issue. He has abused his privilege and that courtesy has been removed. As I say it was a courtesy not a right so I don't see it as a ban. He doesn't require or even need access or hospitality to 'do his job' of reporting on football matches but then he rarely reported on football matches anyway so it wont be a great loss to him or Rangers for that matter. The BBC in what seems of late typical fashion is being sensational for its own ends and that is a bias.

Edited by Big Jaws

There must have been acres of newsprint and terabytes of online traffic about journalists reporting something which, lest we forget, actually DID happen (large scale singing of TBB).

It's a radical alternative, but why don't we simply stop handing a big stick to those who are only too happy to beat us with it?

If we want to sing songs to that tune, as many other clubs do, then we need to replace the "offending" phrases and move on. It's the 21st century FFS; why are we signing about being up to our knees in anyone's blood at a football match anyway? At best it's mindless self indulgence.

There must have been acres of newsprint and terabytes of online traffic about journalists reporting something which, lest we forget, actually DID happen (large scale singing of TBB).

It's a radical alternative, but why don't we simply stop handing a big stick to those who are only too happy to beat us with it?

If we want to sing songs to that tune, as many other clubs do, then we need to replace the "offending" phrases and move on. It's the 21st century FFS; why are we signing about being up to our knees in anyone's blood at a football match anyway? At best it's mindless self indulgence.

I think the problem there is that there is a spectrum of intelligence and if you see the "average" as the median, then half the population are above and half are below. In the lower reaches of the bottom half there will be plenty of people doing mindless stuff.

The weird shit is that you wouldn't expect any, never mind most journalists being in the lower regions of below average intelligence writing mindless, bigoted stuff...