ANTHONY Stokes is expected to appear in court today

ANTHONY Stokes is expected to appear in court today over an alleged assault of an Elvis impersonator.

The player is due to stand trial at Dublin's Circuit Criminal Court this morning.

The alleged incident happened in a nightclub on June 8 2013.

Share article

It comes a day after Stokes re-joined Hibernian on loan from Celtic until the end of the season.

The 27-year-old striker played for the Edinburgh side between 2009 and 2010, when his tally of 24 goals in 48 matches earned him a move to Parkhead.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14216793.Celtic_loan_star_Anthony_Stokes_set_for_trial_over_alleged_assault_on_Elvis_impersonator/

I don't really give a toss about Mr Stokes but he should be charged with impersonating a footballer.

I think precedence should be set. So before we charge Stokes we should probably have Nicky Law charged with that particular charge first. Then we can have that precedence on people impersonating footballers :P

I think precedence should be set. So before we charge Stokes we should probably have Nicky Law charged with that particular charge first. Then we can have that precedence on people impersonating footballers :P

I can see where this is going and am more than happy to rise to the bait. I think that in terms of recent Rangers players, Messrs Mohsni and Oduwa would be well ahead of Law who if I have to remind you yet again is proven at SPL level for Motherwell and is a proven goalscorer and assister for us.

I can see where this is going and am more than happy to rise to the bait. I think that in terms of recent Rangers players, Messrs Mohsni and Oduwa would be well ahead of Law who if I have to remind you yet again is proven at SPL level for Motherwell and is a proven goalscorer and assister for us.

He's still dross :D And still impersonates a footballer :thup:

As I said in answer to Frankie give me a team full of dross midfielders who can score 13 goals and 9 assists a season and we'll be unstoppable.

Not if they aren't doing their defensive duties they wont.