Spiers and The Herald have a slice of humble pie.

As I'm sure it will come as no surprise to anyone, that treacherous little rat and paid propagandist McMurdo has not one, but two blogs out, saying the Hag and Spiers were hard done by, and backing up what Spiers was saying.

As I'm sure it will come as no surprise to anyone, that treacherous little rat and paid propagandist McMurdo has not one, but two blogs out, saying the Hag and Spiers were hard done by, and backing up what Spiers was saying.

what is it with that guy ? Spinning for Ashley and Greenco, pumping out the same shite as McGillivan, giving a platform to JohnJames arsehole, and now this

what the hell is wrong with him ?

what is it with that guy ? Spinning for Ashley and Greenco, pumping out the same shite as McGillivan, giving a platform to JohnJames arsehole, and now this

what the hell is wrong with him ?

Not only did he give a platform to the pretend Rangers fan John James, when McMurdo's mighty, global RSL Forum (stop laughing at the back) folded, he actively promoted and tried to direct people to the John James blog. Now, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that McMurdo knew full well by that stage (if not from the start) that the bold JJ was not whom he said he was, indeed, that JJ was out to try and sow as much discord amongst bears as possible, and generally try to damage Rangers as much as possible.

When McMurdo started I quite enjoyed his blogs, and I think all Rangers Boards should be equally held to scrutiny. But it quickly became apparent that McMurdo was a paid (in one form or another) propagandist for Jack Irvine and Mediahouse. And as such, he lost all integrity and morals, if he ever had any, considering his previous selling miracles stunts. He obviously has no shame, spinning continually for those to set out to rape and pillage our Club. How could any supposed Rangers fan do that, I honestly don't know how he sleeps at night. That his and Mad Phil 3 name's blog were both 'spinning' the same lies and propaganda, would tell all sane Bears all you need to know.

Now I just think he's all consumed by bitterness, and would do anything to see the current Board fail. Thankfully most Rangers fans seen him for what he really is a good while ago, while for others, their petty, pathetic 'inhouse' squabbles is much more important than what is good for Rangers, and as such backed McMurdo in his malcontent campaign against the genuine Rangers fans trying to save out Club. Though thankfully I think even most of them have deserted him, as he posted things such as likening the current Rangers Board as Nazi's, or saying we are a new Club, or his support of Rangers haters such as the Hag or Spiers.

He us quite rightly despised by the vast majority of the Rangers support, and seen for what he really is, a treacherous little Judas, scumbag.

Edited by Siam69

Not only did he give a platform to the pretend Rangers fan John James, when McMurdo's mighty, global RSL Forum (stop laughing at the back) folded, he actively promoted and tried to direct people to the John James blog. Now, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that McMurdo knew full well by that stage (if not from the start) that the bold JJ was not whom he said he was, indeed, that JJ was out to try and sow as much discord amongst bears as possible, and generally try to damage Rangers as much as possible.

When McMurdo started I quite enjoyed his blogs, and I think all Rangers Boards should be equally held to scrutiny. But it quickly became apparent that McMurdo was a paid (in one form or another) propagandist for Jack Irvine and Mediahouse. And as such, he lost all integrity and morals, if he ever had any, considering his previous selling miracles stunts. He obviously has no shame, spinning continually for those to set out to rape and pillage our Club. How could any supposed Rangers fan do that, I honestly don't know how he sleeps at night. That his and Mad Phil 3 name's blog were both 'spinning' the same lies and propaganda, would tell all sane Bears all you need to know.

Now I just think he's all consumed by bitterness, and would do anything to see the current Board fail. Thankfully most Rangers fans seen him for what he really is a good while ago, while for others, their petty, pathetic 'inhouse' squabbles is much more important than what is good for Rangers, and as such backed McMurdo in his malcontent campaign against the genuine Rangers fans trying to save out Club. Though thankfully I think even most of them have deserted him, as he posted things such as likening the current Rangers Board as Nazi's, or saying we are a new Club, or his support of Rangers haters such as the Hag or Spiers.

He us quite rightly despised by the vast majority of the Rangers support, and seen for what he really is, a treacherous little Judas, scumbag.

Well said Siam, I too used to go on his site way back, it was funny and he mocked the Mokits. The Green Seat Brigade was coined there, but like you say Toxic's money got in the way and he turned Judas on Rangers and it's support. Some say he's a Loyalist? Aye that will be fecking right, loyal to coin more like.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Well said Siam, I too used to go on his site way back, it was funny and he mocked the Mokits. The Green Seat Brigade was coined there, but like you say Toxic's money got in the way and he turned Judas on Rangers and it's support. Some he he's a Loyalist? Aye that will be fecking right, loyal to coin more like.

Aye, I used to get a fair bit of abuse in another place for challenging the Judas, and was accused of only doing so because McMurdo was a supposed Loyalist lol.

Me, who grew up in a blood and thunder flute band in Northern Ireland, and as you say, McMurdo being loyal to the coin.

RST Statement on Herald Action over Graham Spiers

The RST notes the Herald’s action over columnists Graham Spiers and Angela Haggerty. Their decision has predictably led to an outcry from those who encourage the sort of dishonest commentary on Rangers Football Club for which both rose to some degree of prominence. We feel it is important against that backdrop to try to present some facts surrounding this incident.

Graham Spiers has a history of telling lies about Rangers Football Club and its fans. The Herald’s only mistake in their dealings with Spiers came in allowing him to print false allegations about a Rangers director in the first place. Spiers claims to have been appalled at the comments he falsely attributed to this unnamed director. So appalled that it took a full five months, from the date of the meeting at which he claims the comments were made, for him to write about it.

The Herald lawyers were asked, following Rangers’ decision to challenge the story, if Spiers' false claims could be defended. They could not. Spiers could not provide a single shred of proof of the allegations he was making. The Herald, with Spiers’ full knowledge, correctly apologised for his behaviour. His subsequent comments saw him undermine the Herald and their editor in chief through the furtherance of a dishonest social media campaign.

Spiers has been caught lying about Rangers before. He lied on live television about his view on EBT payments. He claimed never to have said they amounted to cheating only for documented proof to show that he had. Spiers quite simply cannot be trusted to tell the truth where Rangers are concerned.

Angela Haggerty has described Rangers fans - ordinary men, women and children - as “the klan’. She has also supported the vile hate-speech used by her mentor, Phil MacGiollabhain. This includes likening normal Scottish football fans to Nazis through the use of terms like “Herrenvolk”.

Rather than prominent publications and commentators lowering themselves to Miss Haggerty’s level, they have a duty to deal responsibly with sensitive and serious matters. The Rangers Supporters Trust would be fully behind any initiative that raises the level of debate around offensive behaviour and attempts to find genuine solutions rather than casting Rangers supporters as the pantomime villain.

There have been allegations of ‘mob rule’ regarding the action taken by the Herald. It may well be the case that mob rule exists in Scotland but not as it is being presented. This mob has crowdfunded websites and donations to fund their obsession. This mob has a hardcore of gullible supporters for whom the continued existence and return to prominence and prosperity of Rangers Football Club is anathema. This mob has some friendly journalists, happy to write falsehoods about the target of their hatred. This mob has some friendly politicians, always ready with a soundbite on the target of their shared prejudice. This mob is incensed at the use of any legitimate, legal mechanisms to challenge them.

If the Scottish Government is serious about challenging offensive behaviour then they should attack it at the root. They should address the issue of those who use the internet to spread hate speech and propaganda. Those who, on a daily basis, dehumanise normal people based on the football club they support. It might be more expensive and it might be more difficult but it would also be more successful in getting to the core of the problem. Nothing will be gained by continuing to target the people sitting in football stadia on Saturday afternoons with their families and friends, and it is to the Scottish Government’s shame that they still have not realised that.

- See more at: http://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-statement-on-herald-action-over-graham-spiers/#sthash.cmGdlQPS.dpuf