Warburton seeks SFA talks over Halliday red card

Just a thought...it would be a very good statement and would grab some headlines if the lads simply walked back to the centre spot without any celebration at all after scoring against Falkirk this week-end.

I'm presuming we will score on Saturday btw. :)

I think they should take the piss,within the law!,score and just freeze,and the fans............for a good few seconds,then let rip with the celebrations,punching the air as Halliday did

Edited by ian1964

I think they should take the piss,within the law!,score and just freeze,and the fans............for a good few seconds,then let rip with the celebrations,punching the air as Halliday did

That be good too...if the players just freeze as you say for a few seconds, but it would be difficult for the fans (for me anyway) to not celebrate on impulse.

That be good too...if the players just freeze as you say for a few seconds, but it would be difficult for the fans (for me anyway) to not celebrate on impulse.

Of course,same for me mate,but it would be good!

Just a thought...it would be a very good statement and would grab some headlines if the lads simply walked back to the centre spot without any celebration at all after scoring against Falkirk this week-end.

I'm presuming we will score on Saturday btw. :)

They should go to the centre circle and all make the same gestures as Halliday toward the Falkirk fans and see what happens. Book them all? What happens if we score again, Abandon the game?

In trying to justify the 2nd yellow card which led to the sending off referee Barry Cook is only making himself look ridiculous.

He should not referee another senior game in Scotland or anywhere until we are given a full account of what happened & who proposed the 2nd yellow card should be given because Cook certainly didn't seem to be looking in Halliday's direction

Cook acted according to what he was told. Seen it umpteen times (and it is strange that more often than not, the assistants overlook glaring fouls right in front of them when the ref hasn't got a clear view, or just remember Halliday's last red card) and if anything, the ref c-/should have questioned / consulted with the assistant a little more. That said, Halliday was already in Cook's bad books for mouthing after him quite a bit (rightly or wrongly), so the second yellow was a welcome chance for the ref to put one over him. IF you want to see it that way.

You do wonder what will be said at any meeting between club and SFA (and I'm sure the papers will have A LOT to say about US "intimidating" the authorities). But I reckon we will never learn what is/was being said.