Mark Warburton dismisses talk of him walking away from Rangers...

Speirs is in the same category as Jeremy Clarkson,Peirs Morgan etc. so full of love for their own ego that the outside world does not exist.It fuels their own self belief when arguements re their sh*t comments start such lengthy debates.I personally think that anything like our pages is a waste of space when it comes to Speirs an arrogant self centered,egoistic homo sapien,and don't believe a word he writes.

Speirs is in the same category as Jeremy Clarkson,Peirs Morgan etc. so full of love for their own ego that the outside world does not exist.It fuels their own self belief when arguements re their sh*t comments start such lengthy debates.I personally think that anything like our pages is a waste of space when it comes to Speirs an arrogant self centered,egoistic homo sapien,and don't believe a word he writes.

I like Jeremy Clarkson Mack...Top Gear won't be the same without him :( Now Peirs Morgan - that's different :D

Edited by Bearman

Never watched Top Gear per my post re Clarkson.

I fully understand folk not liking him and it's all down to how individuals take him for serious.

This 'Warburton' thread died a couple of days ago only to be revived for someone who is hated by some, so I'll keep it going by adding this: Something that Jeremy Clarkson wrote today :)

EVER since the tie was invented, gentlemen of means have sent their sons away to a good boarding school, where they would forge lifelong friendships with like-minded boys who’d go on to become useful-to-know captains of industry and world leaders. It was called “the old boys’ network”.

It didn’t really work for me, if I’m honest. I don’t see my school’s magazine very often but the last time I looked, there was a letter from one of my former classmates saying he’d become a manager at United Biscuits. Another had written to say he’s now a policeman.

However, the friends I met at school did introduce me to other friends, and now I have an address book that’s full of people who have jets, and can get tickets to things.

He's an arrogant b@stard but he does it only to offend people that take him seriously.

Btw - Top Gear is on weekdays on BBC 3 at 7pm, if you find the time give it a go, you might like it, it's not all about cars you know :)

I did find Spiers to be an interesting writer when I was a bit younger but, for the last ten years certainly (and perhaps a bit longer), his commentary has been poor. Yes, parts of it can still be well expressed but, for the most part, I wouldn't say it's any better than any other broadsheet journalist out there. Richard Wilson is far better (even in his occasionally dumbed down BBC role) and even Tom English writes more fluently when it comes to other sports.

When the likes of Archie does comment in the media - either in print or on TV - he shows up Spiers so easily it reminds me of a professor and a freshman student. All I want when I read a newspaper is balance and an insight that I perhaps don't appreciate on my own. Spiers doesn't provide that and has, increasingly in recent years, instead opted for the kind of obtuse nonsense that you can find anywhere online.

I doubt he'll be remembered particularly fondly but he's still relatively young so maybe we will mature in the future as right now, he just looks and sounds like some sort of spoilt public schoolboy.

I did find Spiers to be an interesting writer when I was a bit younger but, for the last ten years certainly (and perhaps a bit longer), his commentary has been poor. Yes, parts of it can still be well expressed but, for the most part, I wouldn't say it's any better than any other broadsheet journalist out there. Richard Wilson is far better (even in his occasionally dumbed down BBC role) and even Tom English writes more fluently when it comes to other sports.

When the likes of Archie does comment in the media - either in print or on TV - he shows up Spiers so easily it reminds me of a professor and a freshman student. All I want when I read a newspaper is balance and an insight that I perhaps don't appreciate on my own. Spiers doesn't provide that and has, increasingly in recent years, instead opted for the kind of obtuse nonsense that you can find anywhere online.

I doubt he'll be remembered particularly fondly but he's still relatively young so maybe we will mature in the future as right now, he just looks and sounds like some sort of spoilt public schoolboy.

A sort of journalistic equivalent to Mark Burchill.

He's essentially a 'fraud' and a man who became lazy and unprofessional.

Instead of striving to improve as an all round journalist, he chose to take a particular route regards his career. One that dealt with a very subjective issue and it's ironic that in recent days he finds himself on social media indirectly moaning about a lack of free speech.

So what do you think is more likely to see him stick to facts and create prose worth reading - ad hominen insults, or as neutrally as is possible in such a touchy subject pointing out how much he's allowed himself to be dragged down? The human reaction may be to charge into attack but it'll be about as successful in the long term as the charge of the light brigade.

Like every Bluenose I have listened in bewildered disbelief to media caricatures of my club and fellow fans - thought not to the point, as some have reached, of blaming the media whenever we sing form the old songbook - but rather than take actions which will do nothing but encourage such caricature, I would rather find ways to stop it. We have absolutely nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain. But a keystone of dealing constructively with the media will always be a degree of self-examination, and ironically enough that never seems to be on the table.

Edited by andy steel

So what do you think is more likely to see him stick to facts and create prose worth reading - ad hominen insults, or as neutrally as is possible in such a touchy subject pointing out how much he's allowed himself to be dragged down? The human reaction may be to charge into attack but it'll be about as successful in the long term as the charge of the light brigade.

Like every Bluenose I have listened in bewildered disbelief to media caricatures of my club and fellow fans - thought not to the point, as some have reached, of blaming the media whenever we sing form the old songbook - but rather than take actions which will do nothing but encourage such caricature, I would rather find ways to stop it. We have absolutely nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain. But a keystone of dealing constructively with the media will always be a degree of self-examination, and ironically enough that never seems to be on the table.

He'd have to change his style, his work ethic and become reasonably objective.

After reading David McCarthy and his summary on the game which he said, we had no corners, one one shot on target and Kevin Clancy kept things flowing most of the time and didn't dish out any unnecessary cards was enough for me. They all talk a lot of mince....

Andy, with respect, I've been in contact with Graham privately many times over the years and have been extremely polite and flexible when it came to discussing his contribution which, unfortunately, often contains the kind of insults you wish our fans to refrain from.

Time after time, the guy deflects from the issue at hand, prevaricates over any complaint and assumes the kind of arrogant and obtuse position only a snob like him can perform so well.

We have to remember that TBB - Spiers' main beef when it comes to football songs has been sung minimally at Ibrox since it was banned by UEFA ten years ago - perhaps a few times at the absolute most. During that period our club and fans have done a lot to address our behaviour and self-examine in the intervening period and other disagreeable crap such as the famine chant have also disappeared. We're still not perfect and we lose our discipline more often than I'd like. However, we're no worse than any other club in that sense while others don't face the same scrutiny.

Spiers is one of the main reasons for such unfair and dishonest debate. I'd argue such coverage is why there's still an issue right now. People take liberties - fans, politicians and journalists alike. Spiers more than most.

It may sound simplistic and reactionary to say it but the guy simply hates you, hates me, hates our fans and hates our club. With that in mind there can be no common ground when his MO is to damage our club ahead of any other. He's a liar, a mischief-maker and, above all, a complete and proven fraud.