Zelalem in top 50 U20 in world

Zelalem definitely changed the game yesterday so he does have talent. I think we shouldn't forget the guy has just turned 19. If he was one of our youth he would be getting worship status. Fleck came through our youth system being hailed as a god and we saw absolutely or virtually nothing of him. I would be made up with Zelalem's progress if he was a Rangers product. Being able to influence games at 19 bears a lot of promise for the future.

Zelalem definitely changed the game yesterday so he does have talent. I think we shouldn't forget the guy has just turned 19. If he was one of our youth he would be getting worship status. Fleck came through our youth system being hailed as a god and we saw absolutely or virtually nothing of him. I would be made up with Zelalem's progress if he was a Rangers product. Being able to influence games at 19 bears a lot of promise for the future.

The big difference is that he is not our player, he is Arsenal's player and in about 15 games time he will be gone never to be seen in Rangers colours again.

His "potential" is completely irrelevant to us as Rangers fans, his ability here and now is all that matters, and there are too many areas of his game that need improvement for him to be seen as an asset for us. I think this is why he has not started the big games against Hibs and Falkirk, he is simply not good enough to handle even this level of competitive football at this stage in his young career.

That he has the potential to become a very good player I think we can all see, and if we had him signed up on a five year deal I would have a completely different mindset about him, where his mistakes can be more readily accepted for the long term good of our club, but it is hard to accept when you are simply giving him game time to help him and his parent club to the detriment of one of our own.

The big difference is that he is not our player, he is Arsenal's player and in about 15 games time he will be gone never to be seen in Rangers colours again.

His "potential" is completely irrelevant to us as Rangers fans, his ability here and now is all that matters, and there are too many areas of his game that need improvement for him to be seen as an asset for us. I think this is why he has not started the big games against Hibs and Falkirk, he is simply not good enough to handle even this level of competitive football at this stage in his young career.

That he has the potential to become a very good player I think we can all see, and if we had him signed up on a five year deal I would have a completely different mindset about him, where his mistakes can be more readily accepted for the long term good of our club, but it is hard to accept when you are simply giving him game time to help him and his parent club to the detriment of one of our own.

Thank you for the balanced and correct post which is better than some of the "He is rubbish get rid of." posts.( I don't mean you) I agree in general but I do think that in certain games he has had positive influence on the team and in general he has not been the reason for lost points. He does have a role in the squad imo although I could also possibly argue that he is holding Jordon Thompson back. Whether the manager thinks Thompson isn't at that level or there is an agreement with Arsenal only the management team will know.

Thank you for the balanced and correct post which is better than some of the "He is rubbish get rid of." posts.( I don't mean you) I agree in general but I do think that in certain games he has had positive influence on the team and in general he has not been the reason for lost points. He does have a role in the squad imo although I could also possibly argue that he is holding Jordon Thompson back. Whether the manager thinks Thompson isn't at that level or there is an agreement with Arsenal only the management team will know.

I agree with that Pete. I get where Warburton is coming from that if we do a good job with him and Ball, we could get more quality players on loan in the future as other clubs see how well we have developed this talent. We may get lucky and get a right good player next year when we need it more. I find it sad that we are in such a position, but that is where we are at, so we may as well try to maximise it. Where that becomes a problem is when we are sent someone too raw for our needs with too little experience to be able to handle the unique demands of our club and support, but we need to continue to give them game time to hold up our end of the deal.

Giving him game time is pointless he doesn't worry the opposition and the player he might be in 5 years is irrelevant. I'm glad he's dropped. I'd rather he wasn't on the bench but I can handle that.

Might be he's an ok sub.

Once Holt and Halliday are back he should be about 6th choice by my reasoning.

Which seems about right.

I have to say I can't see him ever being a player at epl level but young kids can come on fast. It's hard to tell. I wouldn't write that off. He has a great touch and works hard. Or rather moves a lot . Which in fairness is more than a lot can say.

If he's really costing us upwards of 6k a week it's very very poor value for money.

He's a tidy player. That's pretty unspectacular. He slows us down. Is abominable in the final third at creating or scoring. His defensive work is positively cowardly at times and poor more often than not.

So what do you call a center mid that's really bad at attacking and defending.

A waste imho.

He's either fully developed or not. That's irrelevant. What is relevant is how good he is now. While we have him.

Honestly even if he's the world's best player in 10 years from now he's rightly dropped for his performances right now.

If we want to develop young talent it is going to need to become relevant. If our team is to be made of young players we develop to sell then they need to play to become better players and work on their deficiencies.