Crowd for Saturday v Kilmarnock

Was just shy of 30k Thursday afternoon.

Copland Rear will be pay at the gate.

Decent enough considering the time of the year, shite weather, non season ticket. 12.30 ko and live on tv.

So probably over 30k, that's very good for a cup game.

Not sure what the stands hold, but the seat planner still shows almost all Broomloan Rear still available. Copland Rear is shown as unavailable as well (pay at the gate). Lots of spaces still elsewhere. £30K looks optimistic to me but I stand to be corrected.

Not sure what the stands hold, but the seat planner still shows almost all Broomloan Rear still available. Copland Rear is shown as unavailable as well (pay at the gate). Lots of spaces still elsewhere. £30K looks optimistic to me but I stand to be corrected.

The Broomloan Rear holds approx' 4K and so far almost half of those seats are sold for this game. I'd expect that a little more than that are already sold for the Copland Rear, but the sold & remaining seats won't be showing on the ticket site's stadium plan because they're being reserved for ticket office purchases and pay at the gate.

Only got "lifted over once" was at Cathkin remember sitting on pitch due to size of crowd and Davy Wilson running into me when he scored one of his goals,shame what happened to "HiHi's"

I'm sure the thirds we formed the same year as us Mack and they got their nickname when a player kicked the ball so high it went out the ground (allegedly) so the fans chanted hi hi hi lol...

Are we seriously suggesting 20K fans can't afford a £20 cup ticket but they can afford a season ticket, a few beers at each league game etc?

Seems to me that maybe you can afford a season ticket and a few beers etc - but obviously have less money left after that spend. "Afford" is a funny word and really it's about priorities. Not affording something when you have money is saying that the amount is earmarked for something you consider more important. When you already have spent a lot on something, spending more becomes lower and lower in priority unless it has extra appeal.

So how come if we had drawn the bheasts at Ibrox on Saturday and charged £30 a pop, it would have sold out in minutes? How do those people find the money for that but not to watch us play Killie?

As said, the ticket for a game you don't want to miss becomes high priority.

The simple fact is there is about half of our regular fan base who can't be arsed going and supporting the club when our income streams are down due to Ashley etc and we need it most. I'm certainly not getting at anyone in particular here, I respect supporters right to pick and choose their games, but it baffles and saddens me in equal measures the size of the cup crowds this season at Ibrox. The very same guys will be chasing for a cup final ticket if we make it (however unlikely that is).

I don't think it has ever been that much different. Cup crowds are generally low for most clubs throughout history, except against the top few sides, derbies or the latter stages.

It could be argued that there are far less proportion of Rangers fans coming out of the wood work for a final than the vast marjority of other clubs - generally less people get a ticket than the average crowd at a league game at Ibrox.

I've always thought that there should be a points system to getting final tickets based on how many previous rounds you went to and then to season ticket holders. Perhaps there is.