Solid Display Lacking Quality In Final Third

First game we haven't scored in ian...and we have a crisis apparently :drink:

All joking aside,it is incredible with some reactions with some fans!, I was gutted about the result but there were so many positives and we really should have won!

All joking aside,it is incredible with some reactions with some fans!, I was gutted about the result but there were so many positives and we really should have won!

We completely dominated Killie, I was disappointed in the end result like yourself and everybody else but there's no way I'm deflated the replay could turn out more of a disappointment of course but I'm confident of winning that game after what I saw today.

We completely dominated Killie, I was disappointed in the end result like yourself and everybody else but there's no way I'm deflated the replay could turn out more of a disappointment of course but I'm confident of winning that game after what I saw today.

A bit of perspective and patience is required while we are building a team capable of making a reasonable challenge next season, we looked like the team from the top league today!.

A bit of perspective and patience is required while we are building a team capable of making a reasonable challenge next season, we looked like the team from the top league today!.

I don't think it's a bad thing today that we are going to a replay, it's another game against top league opposition which can only prepare us more for next season. It's a proper football stadium with quality facilities and a learning curve for the likes of most of our new guy's to play in a packed decent ground in a knock-out competition. We don't have much experience in that.

I don't think it's a bad thing today that we are going to a replay, it's another game against top league opposition which can only prepare us more for next season. It's a proper football stadium with quality facilities and a learning curve for the likes of most of our new guy's to play in a packed decent ground in a knock-out competition. We don't have much experience in that.

Spot on!,it's only part of the football season,not an extra game we could do without,every player would rather be playing than training,and you are correct it is another game for the players to realise they need to raise their game.

Spot on!,it's only part of the football season,not an extra game we could do without,every player would rather be playing than training,and you are correct it is another game for the players to realise they need to raise their game.

We always seem to get a home draw in the cup, and we will take that all the time, but an away tie against top league opposition can add more to our development as a team I think. The only time we've played at a true away football ground in the past 4 years was at Tannadice, Tynecastle and Easter Rd. We flopped every time, but that happened in the dark days under the old regime. We have corrected the Easter Rd experience under Warburton with the 6-2 game and we must have more of these games under our belt in order to progress properly.

Kilmarnock at Rugby Park is just another step in the right direction I think.

Edit: I should have said 'another challenge' instead of another step.

Edited by Bearman
Correction

I'd forgotten how insanely fast the SPL is. Killie looked bigger and stronger than we've been used to playing too. But, a hairy first ten minutes aside, we dealt with it well and dominated. The defence has come on a lot and looked pretty solid too. Didn't quite click in the final third but the Killie keeper made some good saves andit's hard to score against a flat back nine packing the area. Disappointed not to get the comfortable win we probably deserved but we're a work in progress and things heading the right direction. To those bleating about it, we used to lose and draw games in the top flight too, remember? Waghorn looks like he needs a rest: shame MOH is cup tied as he'd have been useful today. Need to get McKay's contract sorted and signed: he's turning into a wee gem.

i thought kilmarnock where pretty spineless for an spfl side. but we really need to assess our tactics too. we are far too slow to move the ball up the park. too many powder puff passes and a really lack of guile in the last third. we are predictable and will find we are very easy to defend against when we move up to the top tier.

I'd forgotten how insanely fast the SPL is. Killie looked bigger and stronger than we've been used to playing too. But, a hairy first ten minutes aside, we dealt with it well and dominated. The defence has come on a lot and looked pretty solid too. Didn't quite click in the final third but the Killie keeper made some good saves andit's hard to score against a flat back nine packing the area. Disappointed not to get the comfortable win we probably deserved but we're a work in progress and things heading the right direction. To those bleating about it, we used to lose and draw games in the top flight too, remember? Waghorn looks like he needs a rest: shame MOH is cup tied as he'd have been useful today. Need to get McKay's contract sorted and signed: he's turning into a wee gem.

Barrie McKay MOTM....