Mmmmmmmmmm i wonder

A wee bit of fun do you ever think back about player you would have liked to see playing for the gers lets make it you can pick three , here's my three Neil Martin , Alex Edwards and Allan McGraw I would have liked them at Ibrox .

A wee bit of fun do you ever think back about player you would have liked to see playing for the gers lets make it you can pick three , here's my three Neil Martin , Alex Edwards and Allan McGraw I would have liked them at Ibrox .

Showing your age compo! I have heard Allan McGraw was a fantastic player and I know he was a huge bluenose and was still seen at Ibrox cheering us on well into his 80's with two walking sticks to get him up the stairs. Thats dedication! Haven't heard of the other two.

From a more recent time, and assuming you mean Scottish players and not foreign players that were massively out of our reach (Maradona, Messi etc), I always admired (grudgingly) the Miller/McLeish partnership at Dolly, and I thought John Collins would have been a good fit for us before he went to the tims.

I can't remember where I heard it but John Robertson was supposed to be heading Govan-wards either just before or just after Souness took over. Robertson and McCoist would have been worth seeing together.

Maurice Malpas was about the best left back I've seen, an elegant player way ahead of his time. We've not had anyone special at left back for years, he would have been excellent.

Going back to the dimmest memories I have of football, St MIrren in the late 70's had a tall, slim striker called Doug Somner, I thought he was the bees-knees. But I was about 7, and if he'd been as good as I thought he'd have done more in his career I suppose.