Mmmmmmmmmm i wonder

Actually it seems I only saw Somner at the end of his career (remembering players rarely made it much past 30 in those days) and that he was pretty handy right enough: from wiki

games (goals)

1971–1974 Falkirk 45 (12)

1974–1975 Ayr United 5 (1)

1974–1979 Partick Thistle 144 (101)

1979–1983 St Mirren 99 (45)

1983–1984 Hamilton Academical 36 (9)

1984–1986 Montrose 66 (15)

Edited by andy steel

Remember jardel? If only we'd got him he was scoring for fun...

For £750k less we got Negri who lasted half a season. Jardel would have been a much better signing

When we were signing Flo for £12m Jardel was signing for Galatasary for £13m

Edited by RANGERRAB

Daniel prodan....

At the time we got him (injured unfortunately) he was one of the best & toughest defenders in the world.

Had he been fit and stayed with Rangers I don't think O'Neil would have got the success he did particularly with Sutton & Hartson. Prodan would have sorted them out.......

Maurice Malpas was about the best left back I've seen, an elegant player way ahead of his time. We've not had anyone special at left back for years, he would have been excellent.

My brother & I were talking about our recent left backs last night and came to the conclusion that in a defensive sense Sasa Papac is probably the best left back we've had in the past decade and that's slightly unusual considering that he was actually a central defender. In a way it's a bit like Bougherra who obviously played centrally for us, but played at right back for Algeria and always looked like he'd make an excellent right back for us if we'd played him there regularly.

Actually it seems I only saw Somner at the end of his career (remembering players rarely made it much past 30 in those days) and that he was pretty handy right enough: from wiki

games (goals)

1971–1974 Falkirk 45 (12)

1974–1975 Ayr United 5 (1)

1974–1979 Partick Thistle 144 (101)

1979–1983 St Mirren 99 (45)

1983–1984 Hamilton Academical 36 (9)

1984–1986 Montrose 66 (15)

I remember him at firhill...

Was going to say Jardel also but someone beat me to it. He was sitting in the stands one game I was at then we never saw him again.

It would have been good to seen how Seb Rozental did had he not got injured.

I would have like Eion Jess from Aberdeen when he was at his peak, he could play on his day. And I wanted Don Hutchison to sign at one stage when it was close.