Rangers First board candidates

Poor generalization.

If you look at the populace there are probably more joiners, brickies etc than there are lawyers, accountants, ex-players etc.

Does that mean that the lawyers, accountants etc aren't part of the Club's fabric ?

It matters NOT what walk of life you come from.....as you know me and my family Limeburner.... you know that our family is VERY blue collar, if they even have jobs, lol - but I am an accountant, so have different life experiences.... does that mean because my circumstances and journeys have been different from my family's travels that I cant have an understanding or an appreciation of what they wish to see as Rangers fans ? Of course not.

You don't need to have the brickies, laborers, sparks, joiners on the board - what you need are people who can have an empathy with the COMMON supporter - your background or social status shouldn't dictate your opinion on what is right for the Club - so long as you can see what the greater good is for the Club, which the fans will, or should, ensure you hear their voice - then you can act appropriately on behalf of the majority of fans.

Same goes for lawyers, accountants, doctors etc - you don't need them on the board either - all that matters is that you are there not for egotistical, narcissistic reasons but simply because you love your club, you wish the fans to have a voice and you will work to the betterment of both fan and club with no personal agenda other than doing your best to ensure that the fans are better represented and the Club moves in a forward motion.

Of course,i totally agree with what you say.My point is this-----are there any tradesmen types to vote for------you would have to say NO there isnt----why??

The candidates really dont represent a broad spectrum---------why??

Of course,i totally agree with what you say.My point is this-----are there any tradesmen types to vote for------you would have to say NO there isnt----why??

At the risk of upsetting you when you have been good enough to support me in this thread, I'd say the answer is fairly obvious - none put themselves forward.

So far as I know there were 24 applicants and all were passed/approved or whatever but there are only 23 names on the list so it would appear that one may have dropped out, but none were rejected according to SDS.

So is not the real question why no "tradesmen types" put themselves forward?

I think one answer may be that generally speaking tradesmen don't have the time to be emailing back and forward all day whereas lawyers, accountants and financial types like I was pre-retirement, usually can make time here and here.

It used to be the same issue in refereeing and may well be the same today. Tradesmen can't take time off to travel from Glasgow to say Dundee to referee on a Tuesday night as I recall being asked to do one mid winter afternoon but folk like me could do that. That's why most referees tend to be "professional" types and there are very few tradesmen at the top level.

Why anyone would want to occupy a position as a Rangers fans representative is beyond me, howver given the inevitability of friction I applaud all candidates for stepping up.

I will say though that the hostility directed at Mr Harris from various corners has been shown to be misguided. Alan's main concern was that there was a danger of "conflict of interest" and in the case of Richard Gough, it's absolutely clear there is. If we agree that it's vitally important that the united fans representative remains independent then you de-facto agree with Alan's point. Whether you agree with the way that concern was conveyed is another matter.

Edited by Juancornetto

At the risk of upsetting you when you have been good enough to support me in this thread, I'd say the answer is fairly obvious - none put themselves forward.

So far as I know there were 24 applicants and all were passed/approved or whatever but there are only 23 names on the list so it would appear that one may have dropped out, but none were rejected according to SDS.

So is not the real question why no "tradesmen types" put themselves forward?

I think one answer may be that generally speaking tradesmen don't have the time to be emailing back and forward all day whereas lawyers, accountants and financial types like I was pre-retirement, usually can make time here and here.

It used to be the same issue in refereeing and may well be the same today. Tradesmen can't take time off to travel from Glasgow to say Dundee to referee on a Tuesday night as I recall being asked to do one mid winter afternoon but folk like me could do that. That's why most referees tend to be "professional" types and there are very few tradesmen at the top level.

Well,i would have to concede that may be a valid point.Still,id rather it wasnt the case.----just like a lot of things in life!!!

Not really my thing to get mixed up in the politics of this but my thoughts are that if any candidate(s) has already set up a splinter group to build on if they do not get elected then they should be struck off the list right away. We need team players in these positions and not people who pull a petted lip and say it is ma baw 'n am gon hame,

Edited by pete

Directorships,Owners of companys with hundreds of employees.uni degrees,bsc,s ,corporate moguls,just general clever look at me types.

Ex players /captains,company secretarys etc,etc.

Just a general snapshot of your run of the mill teddy bear-----perfect for heading up the FANS voice in future---------------God help us.

You might want rank amateurs running an organisation which is generating circa £100k in donations per month, sitting on £400k of fans' cash and £600k of shares in RIFC, but personally, I'd like to see trustworthy fans with experience of corporate / charity governance and some financial nous being elected.

They can always ask the "ordinary" memBears what they think before making decisions.

Frankly, the current RF Board have done a pretty decent job IMO, and I hope those seeking re-election retain their posts.

Not really my thing to get mixed up in the politics of this but my thoughts are that if any candidate(s) has already set up a splinter group to build on if they do not get elected then they should be struck of the list right away. We need team players in these positions and not people who pull a petted lip and say it is ma baw 'n am gon hame,

Pete, Rangers First is itself a splinter group, set up by people who wanted to do things their way...

Not really my thing to get mixed up in the politics of this but my thoughts are that if any candidate(s) has already set up a splinter group to build on if they do not get elected then they should be struck off the list right away. We need team players in these positions and not people who pull a petted lip and say it is ma baw 'n am gon hame,

The questions of why incorporate RIFCLtd (see other thread for details) and what is it intended for is one that the two directors and candidates for this election really need to answer.

Ian, I stated my OPINION,if you dont agree or understand it ,there is not a lot i can do about that.

IMO, the man has been treated unfairly--------you dont like that------tough!!!

You're mate, we are all entitled to an opinion!,you are also right I don't agree with it!,again you are correct as I don't understand your opinion!. IMO BH has not had it tough on here,maybe other sites?,but not here.

Edited by ian1964

Not that it matters but theres an ex-squaddie, a corner-shop-keeper, a student, a publican, a printer and a guy who started off as an apprentice fitter in a shipyard. As 'boards' go it's a broader selection than most I've seen.