Rangers First board candidates

Good afternoon,

Apologies for butting in to what appears to be a hot debate! My name is Ryan Thomson and I am one of the 23 standing for election to the Rangers First board.

I am more than happy to answer / discuss / debate anything regarding my bid to be elected, my views on certain things etc etc.

What I would bring (which seems to be the hot word at the moment) is transparency. I'm just a normal fan like yourselves and I would bring from a directors position what I want as a RF member. Constant and continuous dialogue with the RF Members about what is going on.

On a few of the other hot topics at the moment - I would like RF to remain separate from other fans groups if a merger were to be put on the table. I would put that case forward, however what I would demand in the strongest of terms would be a poll of the RF members regarding such an important issue. The members must decide at the end of the day if Rangers First is to remain independent, or be a part of a fans group amalgamation.

I would like RF to continue with the current 95% / 5% split between share buying and administration costs. RF was created to obtain as large a shareholding within the club as possible and this would be the quickest route to doing so.

I live in Shetland, which is a piece away from Glasgow (14 hour boat journey to Aberdeen followed by 3 hour trainride, or 1.5 hour flight), so I don't get to as many games as I would like however I get down to as many games as possible. I am fully transparent, I have no hidden agendas, no history associated with any of the clubs directors / members, or any of the Rangers First directors.

As I said I am open to questions either on the public forum or contact me through Twitter.

Thank you for your time.

I believe you have signed the "pledge"

If during the one year term a directors business becomes a customer of the Club should they immediately stand down as a director of RF?

It was put to members and 97% voted in favour of the principle of merger. Are you not willing to support the views of the overwhelming majority of members?

I was one of the lowly 3% who voted for RF to remain an independent entity! I will of course listen to all members views, when the times comes for an official poll I will put forward the case for remaining independent but I will fully back whatever decision is democratically decided by the RF members. I will not STRONGLY push to remain separate from other excellent fans groups, as I say I will present the case for remaining separate. At the end of the day if the fans and members decide a merger is what is best for the club, and the fans groups, that is what matters in the end.

Welcome to gersnet Ryan , and thanks for putting your points across .There is a massive difference between fans voting for any possible /change / merger and it actually happening , first of all we the RF members would need to see what proposals and terms these changes constituted , I have a feeling the vote wouldn't be as high if it's not to RF,s benefit

I believe you have signed the "pledge"

If during the one year term a directors business becomes a customer of the Club should they immediately stand down as a director of RF?

You are indeed correct I have signed 'the pledge, which states "No director of Rangers First should receive any remuneration from Rangers Football Club be it directly or indirectly through their employer." If a Directors business becomes a customer of the Club and has signed this pledge I suggest they should resign. Perhaps there would be a conflict of interest there even if they didn't agree to this pledge.

Welcome to gersnet Ryan , and thanks for putting your points across .There is a massive difference between fans voting for any possible /change / merger and it actually happening , first of all we the RF members would need to see what proposals and terms these changes constituted , I have a feeling the vote wouldn't be as high if it's not to RF,s benefit

Thank you rbr, glad to have finally joined! I agree the vote would not be anywhere near if it came to the point where we as members would be voting for the merger. Interesting times ahead.

On a side note , where in the Shetlands are , you , I worked on Unst for 5 glorious months in the mid 80,s , loved it , agh the Baltasound hotel what a place

Small world! I am a born and bread Baltasound boy, lived there for 23 years, and have spent many a good night in the 'Back Bar' at Springers (Baltasound Hotel). We moved from Unst to Scalloway in 2009 and now live in a place called Wadbister which is on the mainland. Try to get back to Unst as much as possible though, most of my family are still up there. What were you working on?

Edited by rjathomson85

I was one of the lowly 3% who voted for RF to remain an independent entity! I will of course listen to all members views, when the times comes for an official poll I will put forward the case for remaining independent but I will fully back whatever decision is democratically decided by the RF members. I will not STRONGLY push to remain separate from other excellent fans groups, as I say I will present the case for remaining separate. At the end of the day if the fans and members decide a merger is what is best for the club, and the fans groups, that is what matters in the end.

Welcome Ryan. If the proposal for the new group proves to be better for the supporters would you still put Rangers First first?

Edited by plgsarmy

Welcome Ryan. If the proposal for the new group proves to be better for the supporters would you still put Rangers First first?

I'm starting to get very very uncomfortable that this could be a club/RST stitch up , if that is what comes out of this all hell will break loose