Rangers First board candidates

Who is standing that holds a position with other fans groups? If they are a member of RF why shouldn't they stand

Why is Gough standing , why is the Rev Macquarie standing , both have extremely close ties to the club and cannot be classed as impartial , at the moment Twitter is all about RF bashing , an awful lot of that is by people who should know better , why they are doing it is anyone's guess

Who is standing that holds a position with other fans groups? If they are a member of RF why shouldn't they stand

Why is Gough standing , why is the Rev Macquarie standing , both have extremely close ties to the club and cannot be classed as impartial , at the moment Twitter is all about RF bashing , an awful lot of that is by people who should know better , why they are doing it is anyone's guess

You'd need to ask them or look at their statements.

Given that 97% of RF members voted to explore the possibility of creating a single supporters body, it seems odd to me that so many candidates are against the idea.

Is this focus on independence driven by principle or personality clashes?

It's clear to me that the RF board (or some of them) are against the idea of the new fans group, despite an overwhelming majority of their members wanting the idea explored further. I'm not sure I understand why. They have been represented at the same meetings that I have attended.

It's clear to me that the RF board (or some of them) are against the idea of the new fans group, despite an overwhelming majority of their members wanting the idea explored further. I'm not sure I understand why. They have been represented at the same meetings that I have attended.

At least Graham Campbell had the courage to confirm that in his supporting statement.

However, I'm certainly not voting for anyone who's already preparing their exit route in case they don't get their way.

Just about all you can say with any certainty, nearly 20 pages in, is that social media is not the appropriate forum for elections.

The lack of censorship allows any and all statements to be made - and once they're made, it's too late to unmake them - the anonymity most of us use allows bolder accusations to be lobbed in; on Twitter, the limited space makes explanations impossible but accusations easy; and on places like this, the strange relationships which build up, where people kind of think they know people but maybe don't really, can lead to suspicion or collusion and all points in between.

Old school meetings, chaired and kept in order, may result in a lower participation from members but if the alternative is a head long charge toward a fight in the playground every time a vote comes up, I'd sooner have that.