Rangers First board candidates

Ah..there goes my question about conflicts of interest!

In that case, though, I don't think it's good form for RST associated people/members to be weighing in on a RF election thread.

Nobody on here plays for Rangers, it doesn't stop them having an opinion.

Are you a member of RF ?

“What are you first and foremost a supporter of the club or a supporter of said group?”

I'm a Rangers supporter

-------------------------------------------------------------

We had RIFCLtd being incorporated on the QT in January with directors (Ronnie Johnston and Graham Campbell) not informing members of the new fans group vehicle or any contingent plans....despite GC declaring consultation and transparency as two of the three foundations of RF that were set in stone.

So we have a leak/rumour being released during the election and written about by '@iang_1972'

We have the mystery people who he sought approvel from before writing.

People can judge for themselves but it all sounds a bit untransparent and desperate............ during an election process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The RF members voted 95%+ to study proposals for a merger.

AFAIK nothing will be decided without a further vote,....... so why the sudden shouting at this stage in the election process ?

Why didn't people have this conversation prior to the 95%+ vote and/or within the statement profiles ?

Edited by buster.

Nobody on here plays for Rangers, it doesn't stop them having an opinion.

Well, fair enough. Free world, after all.

Bluntly, though, I think that's a piss poor reaction; yourself and Chris dropping in on the RF election thread, finding things 'fascinating' or 'amusing', doesn't show the RST in a very good light.

However, thank you for answering. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Well, fair enough. Free world, after all.

Bluntly, though, I think that's a piss poor reaction; yourself and Chris dropping in on the RF election thread, finding things 'fascinating' or 'amusing', doesn't show the RST in a very good light.

However, thank you for answering. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I think that is a largely unfair statement regarding Chris Graham. He came on here to highlight an inaccuracy posted here by BH. His "fascinating" post was in reference to BH posting a load of rules and guidance which seemed to have little relevance.

Surely when someone is posting misinformation about someone else in the online fraternity that person has the right to rebut ? I could be wrong, but I thought that BH first posted the misinformation about Chris attending Board meetings (again, I am going from my limited memory) on this very thread - I would contend Chris Graham therefore had a right to comment in this very same thread.

I would argue that BH, as a candidate for the RF Board... shows his candidacy in a very poor light with the stream of allegations he has been making about other candidates - but that very well may be another topic for another day.

He seems to have a lot to say on RF candidates on here, RM and wherever, if he is not a member, I don't see what it has to do with him who we vote for

I am a member of RF. So if I ask the same questions as buster then you will answer them ?

To be honest, as an RF member who was fully supportive of exploring a merger, I find it a bit disconcerting when a number of the RF candidates are running on a platform of independence. Further, I find it disconcerting that two Board members created an organization on the QT which would be put into activity upon the RF membership voting for a merger.

In essence, two of the candidates are saying that no matter what the RF members think is wise (with 97%+ it would suggest that the membership would like to explore the merger) these Board members seem to be saying "Fine, we will just resign and start something else if things don't go our way".

Not the best of platforms IMHO.

Again, are you a member of RF?

I'll answer you in good time but don't you think the issues involved are more important and worth comment ?

I'm not important and I've not really said anything I wouldn't normally say re. issues surrounding election. In fact I've blethered on about 2 things.

1. Alan Harris and IMO his unsuitability for more involvement in fans groups/boards for a partly inglorious history and if that is a crime, you're going to half to round up quite a few. NB. I did similar at the RFB elections IIRC.

2. I highlighted this RIFCLtd incorporation.

Over the years I've become accustomed to going after your CW, CGg, Retail deal etc. and if I see what looks like folk being a bit sneaky I'll say so. Had Ronnie and Graham not done so then I wouldn't have even known them to speak about and had it been another two, I'd have done the same thing.

--------------------------------------------------------

Back to the real business

I appreciate there are issues for the members to decide but even as an outsider (not a member) I'm concerned about how the individuals involved go about saying and doing things because this has been part of a major problem with the fanbase as a whole for too long.