Rangers First board candidates

For goodness sake - must be a quiet night!

Zappa, you genuinely can't see any reason, given the history of Rangers fans' groups, why RST people shouldn't comment on the RF Elections thread? Chris G has just set out his own position of steadfastly refusing to comment on it - I think that's the best policy.

I didn't say I can't see any reason though Andy. For clarity, I completely agree with Craig regarding Fury chiming in when he clearly had good reason to do so and regarding plgsarmy I don't see why she should be excluded from the discussion either when the groups are publicly known to be in talks about a merger along with other fan groups. That doesn't mean I agree with or endorse every single comment from Fury or plgsarmy, but let's at least be fair and endorse open debate within reason.

I don't see why she should be excluded from the discussion either when the groups are publicly known to be in talks about a merger along with other fan groups.

Because it will be used by those who wish to sow discord - look, there's those RST people sticking their noses in! Merger? it's a take-over! And it's all the usual suspects, look!!

Cards on the table I don't care - I'm not going to vote, the constant bitching and whining and nose-tapping and look-what-I-know just leaves me feeling like fan ownership would be a nightmare. So I've as little right to be posting as the people I'm having a go at.

Edited by andy steel

Old Chinese proverb

Man should say what he see and not jump on bandwagon

I'm not convinced that's a genuine Chinese proverb. I'm going to check on companies house to see if you've set up The Independent Chinese Proverbs Consortium Ltd.

Because it will be used by those who wish to sow discord - look, there's those RST people sticking their noses in! Fuck merger, it's a take-over! And it's all the usual suspects, look!!

Cards on the table I don't care - I'm not going to vote, the constant bitching and whining and nose-tapping and look-what-I-know just leaves me feeling like fan ownership would be a nightmare. So I've as little right to be posting as the people I'm having a go at.

Log out of all social media. Use your vote.

It'll be available on playback, I'm sure BH could provide a link.

In fairness to him it really makes for beyond bizarre listening.

I received a copy of this email to the RFB from John Syme of Sons of Truth.

On Nov 15, 2014, at 10:29 AM, Sons Truth <sonsoftruth@aol.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Alan and Gary.

I have only just been made aware of the complaint made by a member of the public in relation to Alan and I have listened to the call where she gave the reasons for her complaint in that she claimed Alan had mentioned a breach of the DPA by the RFFF which had caused her to receive more abuse from people who follow Sons of Struth and Craig Houston.

She has got this completely wrong. It was myself who raised it on my page and subsequently a poster on Rangers Media copied it and posted it on there in a thread that involved Alan. He did not post the information, he didnt quote it, copy it or do anything with it. A proper investigation by the Club would have identified this.

I do not have the appropriate contact details to forward this on to the people who looked at the complaint but i was hoping that you could pass this on to them on my behalf.

I understand there are other issues which Im not party to, but for the public complaint at least, they need to know the truth and should re-consider their findings.

Can you please confirm receipt of this and also confirm that they have viewed this email.

Thanks in advance.

John Syme.

Holy shit. You actually said that you complained about FS as he was being critical about fellow candidates.... The EXACT same thing you have been doing in this elections.

Absolutely staggering

The difference with respect is that I questioned the fact that certain candidates may have a conflict of interest or be in receipt of hospitality which may lead others to perceive that the integrity or policy of the organization or of the member has been compromised.

I did not make any personal attacks on any candidate in the election, nor would I.

Thats not true - I marked that I was either "The Louden Tavern" or "WATP_Greg" on Rangers forums - I assume as they are the same as my twitter names they were left off the list.

Misinformation doesn't help anyone here

There was no intent to mislead, Greg; most of the candidates stated Twitter names but my statement is the only one that shows my web forum names. Perhaps you should have asked RF or SD to amend your statement accordingly.