Rangers First board candidates

I would like to thank all those who voted for me and congratulate those who were elected.

I stood in the election because I felt that my financial and administrative skills and experience of various football boards would be of assistance to RF going forward. I was well warned and well aware that by sticking my head above the parapet I would be sniped at from all directions and in that I have not been disappointed.

The new Board of RF has only one member of the old Board as it faces the challenges of the merger talks and I wish them well in that endeavour.

14k ! and Goughie gets most with 2009!

update going with my figures 15505 voted!

Someone wrote that anyone could vote if they followed the link, members or not. I do not know if this is true, just that I read someone saying it was.

Edited by SteveC

Are there really 14k actually paying monthly?

Just guessing here, but I'd imagine that the live RF contributor counter on their website only counts upwards as people buy new subscriptions, but doesn't count downwards as Direct Debits get cancelled.

They exclude you under the SD Code of Conduct for Directors which all candidates were asked if they had any issues with which is another way of inviting compliance with those rules.

I am not being disingenuous at all. I have stated what I truly believe to be the case and it is clear that many people including other candidates in the election have the same or similar concerns.

If that is the case how come both Gough and Blair were voted onto the Board ?

I would like to thank all those who voted for me and congratulate those who were elected.

I stood in the election because I felt that my financial and administrative skills and experience of various football boards would be of assistance to RF going forward. I was well warned and well aware that by sticking my head above the parapet I would be sniped at from all directions and in that I have not been disappointed.

The new Board of RF has only one member of the old Board as it faces the challenges of the merger talks and I wish them well in that endeavour.

Like it or not Alan, warranted or not, you have become polarizing amongst the support. That will always split potential voters from you.

I don't doubt that your financial and admin skills would have been an asset - unfortunately the "baggage" (again, warranted or not) is something you will struggle to overcome when making yourself a candidate for Rangers related Boards.