Rangers First board candidates

Forlan Sister.

Have you seen any work action towards facilities for the disabled since King took over? I know from reading your previous posts that Ibrox Stadium hadn't moved into the 21st century up to the last time you mentioned this concern.

Are moves in place? Only asking because it's something, like yourself ,I feel is important.

Yes, there have been regular meetings with under the auspices of the Disability Matters Group which consists of Club officials and representatives of disabled fans ( myself included) both physically disabled and mentally disabled.

Progress has been made and a statement will be made in due course (hopefully soon) laying out a pathway forward, however it must be stressed there is no magic wand to be waved and it will take some time to get where we need to be.

That's an interesting choice of words there mate. ;)

Work has indeed been done this season on the disabled side of things in terms of floor markings which are presumably the beginning of a process of works to comply with certain rules and/or standards.

Hey, it's a start...........

Edited by Zappa

FS

That was proposed by Rev MacQuarrie, completely contrary as you say to the Constitution, as was a propsal for rotational office bearers and the delay in the election process which was supposed to be conducted at the first meeting. As you say Rangers' solicitors advised Rev MacQuarrie to follow the Constitution i.e. to conduct the elections on the first past the post system.

In all my many years on various committees and boards I never saw such unnnecessary delay and such a convoluted process as was proposed for the election of office bearers in the RFB when the process was clearly set out in the Constitution and one can only speculate as to why these delays occurred and why these proposals were brought forward.

The rest of your post is pure conjecture unless that is you were one of the two board members who were alleged to have made complaints.

What is not conjecture is that I rejected overtures from three members to run for Vice Chair and was one of two candidates for election to the post of Secretary; and when I was removed from the Board, that left the other candidate to be elected unopposed.

But you are absolutley right to draw attention to one thing about me.

I believe that Rules and Constitutions are there for a reason, the proper conduct of business; and I will always oppose those who try to ride roughshod over the Constitution of any body of which I am a member.

One day you'll get tired writing all this guff about me but I'm not holding my breath.

If the constitution had never been ratified then it's not relevant. ;)

Where is the evidence? And 'we' doesn't even come into it?

You've lost mme a bit there Bear. If you mean which guy said it, it is Buster. Quote " ‘Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.’ George Santayana "

If you mean that one single group wouldn't be in the best interests of Rangers and our fans then I'd ask you to look back at the past couple of years where folk involved in the various fans groups and funding schemes have taken to the web to attack the other groups. All they did was give the appearance of division and provide ammunition for the clatties who, in their usual way, twist what is being said and spead further to make us all look stupid. I've no idea what your last bit means.

I cannot disagree with that, he banned me buts it's his forum.

Thats the problem , its meant to be a Rangers forum , first and foremost , I was slaughtered on there for a post years ago about CW , yet I have /had emails and phone calls and texts from, then .RST board members telling me I was right and apologizing for what happened . But guess what , not one had the guts to pull him up and publicly apologize , or rather apologize via FF

So much for being able to stay away from these threads. I come back and it has, astonishingly, got even worse. I skipped from a page that included "hes a RAT end off ". Is this really what this site is about? I had a post deleted for slagging off RM and was told we were not allowed to comment negatively on other forums. Does this mean that it's OK to attack other forum's website owners using terms like "RAT" and "lying bastard" but not to say, "xx forum is rubbish"?

Seems damn odd rules to me. Then again, I was also ticked off for "name calling" - not entirely sure how "RAT" and "lying bastard" are OK and my more polite epithet was not.

Are all the pages in-between these quotes dominated by rbr's disturbing fixation with Mark Dingwall? I've been banned from FF myself. Twice in fact. I have no reason to presume Mark himself did it, but even if he did, I'd still be querying why I wake up and find Gersnet is awash with a personal vendetta against him. It's quite astonishing how some people turn every thread on fan groups into a thread about their Dingwall obsessions and that they are allowed free rein to do so. No wonder we can never progress as it is never about the Rangers, instead it's always about fans hating other fans. This thread is a haters' bonanza. The entrance fee to this spectacle may be free but it still seems too high a price to pay. It's a totally depressing start to the weekend.

Edited by SteveC
typos

Cheer up Steve, it's not as bad as it seems - there's only about 6-8 posters re-iterating their dislike of certain people groups or websites over and over again. Vast majority of contribs on here are either posting dismay or not bothering with the thing at all.

Just a small note. I have to agree that personal insults are not what this site is. If you feel an opinion like that refrain from posting it.

The rat comment was '9 hours ago' and simply hadn't been moderated yet Steve.

You can also report any post you feel is a personal insult which notifies admin to have a look.

Thanks

Cheer up Steve, it's not as bad as it seems - there's only about 6-8 posters re-iterating their dislike of certain people groups or websites over and over again. Vast majority of contribs on here are either posting dismay or not bothering with the thing at all.

That's probably good advice but I am so depressed I am nearly going on to that thread where everybody is really nice to each other - but I can't bring myself to as that's so far in the other direction that it's just wrong, fundamentally wrong. :D

Edited by SteveC

Folks please try and keep this on level headed discussions. .there has been a few posts edited by myself this morning..

I can't let people name call at our age crying out.

The quotes on a lot of the posts are already screwed and trying to remove the quotes of offending posts is a pain too.

Rat or lying bastard are both derogatory personal insults in my opinion and have been dealt with. Choose your words /opinions better please

Edited by blueflag

Just a small note. I have to agree that personal insults are not what this site is. If you feel an opinion like that refrain from posting it.

The rat comment was '9 hours ago' and simply hadn't been moderated yet Steve.

You can also report any post you feel is a personal insult which notifies admin to have a look.

Thanks

Sorry, I expected moderators to be on the case 24/7, even at weekends .............or I didn't think it through. One of those two

The problem with bh actions was they were coupled with an open hostility to the blue Knights and Paul Murray which continues to this day.

Would he have written the letter if Mr Bennett was green or ashley man.

Highly doubtful.

The glee he reported Mr Bennett not being a blue knight with was sickening.