Rangers First board candidates

I accepted long ago and reiterated tonight that I was wrong to publish the letters.

However, most if not all those who had experience of financial services confirmed I took the only possible course of action in the circumstances.

Must have been a lot of ifa's complaining then. Funny not even one celtc supporting one boasted of it online.

Dear Mr Graham

I hesitate to respond to one such as your good self whose debating and commentating skills are legend but there area number of inaccuracies in your post that I need to correct.

Firstly, I did not insinuate anything about you. I made a comment about "at least one of those who is taking part in the merger talks"; if you took that to refer to yourself then that's up to you. I also wonder why you chose to make that post here since the apparently offending post was made on RM?.

This is copied from RM. AH is insinuating that Chris Graham has attended club board meetings is he not? AH could easily have said no to the questioner but decided not to, why would he do that? He knows (or purports to know) who attended club board meetings but declines to absolve Chris Graham when given the chance. More politicking from AH and as I have stated before not very good at it.

AH

It has been suggested to me tonight that at least one of those who is taking part in the merger talks already attends Rangers Board Meetngs so perhaps there is some upward mobility built in there as well.

Other poster

Would that be CG? *Allegedly?

AH

You might think so but I couldn't possibly confirm.

This is copied from RM. AH is insinuating that Chris Graham has attended club board meetings is he not? AH could easily have said no to the questioner but decided not to, why would he do that? He knows (or purports to know) who attended club board meetings but declines to absolve Chris Graham when given the chance. More politicking from AH and as I have stated before not very good at it.

AH

It has been suggested to me tonight that at least one of those who is taking part in the merger talks already attends Rangers Board Meetngs so perhaps there is some upward mobility built in there as well.

Other poster

Would that be CG? *Allegedly?

AH

You might think so but I couldn't possibly confirm.

Seems a strong insinuation there, so I find it hard to see how he can later claim that he " did not insinuate anything about " CG

In addition, by claiming something and not naming anyone, he is tarring all candidates with the potential accusation. If he's not willing to name names then he should not be throwing around accusations to muddy the water for all other candidates.

Cheer up Steve, it's not as bad as it seems - there's only about 6-8 posters re-iterating their dislike of certain people groups or websites over and over again. Vast majority of contribs on here are either posting dismay or not bothering with the thing at all.

Andy, it's an election at a time when I think the general feeling around the club is of 'CHANGE'.

We've CHANGED the board.

We've CHANGED the football operation and the management team.

We've even CHANGED the way the team play football.

We want to CHANGE retail and some commercial contracts.

Emphatic majorities of members voted to come up with proposals so as to CHANGE another area that has been problematic, fans groups.

We currently have an election where there are issues worth commenting on and individuals will use social media to do so although name-calling does lower the tone.

1. If two candidates incorporate a vehicle for a fans group within their strategy, campaign on transparency for RF members but choose to keep their intentions secret then they are caught with their pants down....that IMO needs to be highlighted, regardless of who it is.

2. If Alan Harris (BH) chooses to go about his campaign in a negative manner by attacking others from the outset then complains at his past being redirected towards him then, sorry but the sympathy vote isn't really on.

Is it not true to say most would like to see CHANGE from the Machiavellian politics and individuals with a long history of creating selfish carnage ?

Can people expect CHANGE if they return the 'usual suspects' with the 'usual selfish agendas' ?

Edited by buster.

RF members now being given advice from a pub on how to vote!

Advice from the Louden Tavern on the Rangers First vote

Vote for those who you think will put Rangers First

Rangers First Elections

Rangers First elections are live today, anyone who can vote should vote and put The Rangers first.

Everyone will have their own opinions on who should be voted on, for what it is worth here are mine.

In no particular order,

James Blair

James is company secretary of Rangers and is also secretary of Rangers First, he has been involved from the first meeting and been one of the reasons RF prospered, He is an outstanding Solicitor and a very decent human being, he like all the rest has never received a penny for the work he has undertook.

Greg Marshall ( for those that don't know Greg is my son )

Greg has been with RF from the beginning and was instrumental in spreading the word through social media, he spent most of his time promoting RF through the various different outlets. Greg, if elected will always be available at The Louden on matchdays to address any issues that the members want clarified. He is an 1872 life member of RF and has been a season ticket holder since he was six. He also has a Honours degree in accounts from Glasgow University

Richard Gough

Our iconic 9 in a row captain ,Hall of Fame member and 1872 life member of RF, Despite stories elsewhere it was myself that asked Richard and he accepted without hesitation. Rangers worldwide Ambassador and would be a fantastic addition to the RF board, There is nothing else I need to say about Richard.

Ricki Neil

Since Ricki joined RF about 18 months ago he has worked his socks off and has grew into his role as RF spokesman in the last year and deserves to be re- elected.

Iain Martin

Iain is another one who has been involved in RF from the beginning and done a tremendous amount of work getting the working groups up and running.

Stuart MacQuarrie

He is a fine upstanding member of the community, the club chaplain and a former councillor so could bring a lot of skills to RF.

For the final position I am struggling to choose as there are so many good choices. Lads like Peter Ewart and Derek Miller who have put so much work into Rangers First. Guys like Graeme Henderson who has bought large numbers of shares to try and help the club move forward.

Vote for whoever you think will put Rangers First – RF is there to help Rangers and The Rangers Community and that is what the future board must do!

Thanks

Robert Marshall

Founding Member of Rangers First

The Louden Tavern: RF Life member #0001

Andy, it's an election at a time when I think the general feeling around the club is of 'CHANGE'.

We've CHANGED the board.

We've CHANGED the football operation and the management team.

We've even CHANGED the way the team play football.

We want to CHANGE retail and some commercial contracts.

Emphatic majorities of members voted to come up with proposals so as to CHANGE another area that has been problematic, fans groups.

We currently have an election where there are issues worth commenting on and individuals will use social media to do so although name-calling does lower the tone.

1. If two candidates incorporate a vehicle for a fans group within their strategy, campaign on transparency for RF members but choose to keep their intentions secret then they are caught with their pants down....that IMO needs to be highlighted, regardless of who it is.

2. If Alan Harris (BH) chooses to go about his campaign in a negative manner by attacking others from the outset then complains at his past being redirected towards him then, sorry but the sympathy vote isn't really on.

Is it not true to say most would like to see CHANGE from the Machiavellian politics and individuals with a long history of creating selfish carnage ?

Can people expect CHANGE if they return the 'usual suspects' with the 'usual selfish agendas' ?

Ironically, the one area where's there's no change is people slagging other people off!

But I have to say that I'm not involved in this at all so it's probably easier for me to dismiss it as the usual bitching, so fair points.

Seems a strong insinuation there, so I find it hard to see how he can later claim that he " did not insinuate anything about " CG

In addition, by claiming something and not naming anyone, he is tarring all candidates with the potential accusation. If he's not willing to name names then he should not be throwing around accusations to muddy the water for all other candidates.

Of course he is and he knows it. For a man that purports to value integrity it's shameful.

Folks please try and keep this on level headed discussions. .there has been a few posts edited by myself this morning..

I can't let people name call at our age crying out.

The quotes on a lot of the posts are already screwed and trying to remove the quotes of offending posts is a pain too.

Rat or lying bastard are both derogatory personal insults in my opinion and have been dealt with. Choose your words /opinions better please

Apologies if anyone found what I posted offensive , as Isaid at the time brandy got the better of me , no excuse I know .

As for having a fixation with anyone , certainly not , healthy dislike certainly ,but that's life , difference is I've told him to his face

This really is depressing; too many ego's.

It seems to me we are muddling through with many variants of the same idea from many groups. Instead, should we not be following the Bayern Munich model; one that works supremely well? (This Guardian article is long, but quite revealing of the Bayern model: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/09/bayern-munich-bundesliga-global-expansion-karl-heinz-rummenigge)

I think the Club needs to take the lead by creating an advisory board/committee (the club already has three committees for various things) which should be made up of representatives from all of the different groups. This advisory board can then make recommendations to the club board. For example, Bayern Munich's advisory Board stated that they did not want any more than 30% of the club shares in foreign hands (they only sold around 15% of shares in the last 6 years to fund the 360m Allianz arena, which they have almost paid off).

Of course the difference between Rangers and Bayern is that their fans own 82% of shares; they have the power. We must seek to build our shareholding. If the Bayern club board don't do what they suggest, then they get voted out at the next AGM. Simple.

Then, Bayern have a membership scheme whereby the members pay 60 Euros (I think per year) for various benefits (Welcome gift (every new member receives the welcome gift of a personalised scarf!) Discount at club shops (10% discount on all full price items), BAYERN MAGAZIN membership, Priority ticketing services, Concessionary match tickets, Admission to FC Bayern museum). They have 220k members paying this small membership, alongside season tickets (these are some of the cheapest in Europe contributing to sold-out matches).

Fan group independence is not the priority IMO; and, one group is ideal, but not necessary at the moment. We fans need a substantial shareholding so we have the power. Then the Club should be taking the lead, so we can have a professional mediator instead of constant bitching back and forth between groups. The Bayern model works and it's there to copy. Why aren't we doing it?

(Apologies -- it's a bit of a rant, but this whole process is depressing. Everyone seems to be fighting for their own egos, both individuals and groups. Pull your finger out.)