Rangers First board candidates

This really is depressing; too many ego's.....

...........(Apologies -- it's a bit of a rant, but this whole process is depressing. Everyone seems to be fighting for their own egos, both individuals and groups. Pull your finger out.)

The splitters are a very very small minority within the fans groups so I think you are taking too much notice of these guys(and it seems to be guys). Both of the major fans groups members voted overwhelmingly in favour of holding merger talks, obviously these members must vote again on the finalised plan before any new group is formed.

The talks are ongoing and must be held in confidence by all participants, the rest of us just need to have patience - all will be revealed in due course. I have faith in people like plgsarmy who are doing all the work in the background through their love of the club and belief in fans representation not to massage their ego's like some.

The splitters are a very very small minority within the fans groups so I think you are taking too much notice of these guys(and it seems to be guys). Both of the major fans groups members voted overwhelmingly in favour of holding merger talks, obviously these members must vote again on the finalised plan before any new group is formed.

The talks are ongoing and must be held in confidence by all participants, the rest of us just need to have patience - all will be revealed in due course. I have faith in people like plgsarmy who are doing all the work in the background through their love of the club and belief in fans representation not to massage their ego's like some.

Perhaps I am taking too much notice of what, I agree, is a minority. This merger is a good idea, but I don't think it's completely necessary at the moment. I think increasing our shareholding is most important. I think having two groups striving for this goal is not a bad situation -- It could help us get there quicker.

Of course. I'm not a fan of complete transparency. I don't think every little thing should be made available, merely the outlines, proposals and decisions.

It's just frustrating to see what seems like squabbling towards a vague goal, when to me the model to copy is obvious (Bayern Munich). But, I suppose that's part of the problem: everyone having their own thoughts on the issue. I think that's why I'd like Rangers to take the lead, rather than a multitude of groups. Then again, a merger might help that.

Edited by Rousseau

If the constitution had never been ratified then it's not relevant. ;)

The Constitution was imposed by Rangers from the outset, any changes could only be "suggested" by RFB and had to be approved by Rangers. There was never any mention of it being ratified and it was used in all sorts of ways not least to remove me. So I beg to differ.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

RF members now being given advice from a pub on how to vote!

Advice from the Louden Tavern on the Rangers First vote

Vote for those who you think will put Rangers First

Rangers First Elections

Rangers First elections are live today, anyone who can vote should vote and put The Rangers first.

Everyone will have their own opinions on who should be voted on, for what it is worth here are mine.

In no particular order,

James Blair

James is company secretary of Rangers and is also secretary of Rangers First, he has been involved from the first meeting and been one of the reasons RF prospered, He is an outstanding Solicitor and a very decent human being, he like all the rest has never received a penny for the work he has undertook.

Greg Marshall ( for those that don't know Greg is my son )

Greg has been with RF from the beginning and was instrumental in spreading the word through social media, he spent most of his time promoting RF through the various different outlets. Greg, if elected will always be available at The Louden on matchdays to address any issues that the members want clarified. He is an 1872 life member of RF and has been a season ticket holder since he was six. He also has a Honours degree in accounts from Glasgow University

Richard Gough

Our iconic 9 in a row captain ,Hall of Fame member and 1872 life member of RF, Despite stories elsewhere it was myself that asked Richard and he accepted without hesitation. Rangers worldwide Ambassador and would be a fantastic addition to the RF board, There is nothing else I need to say about Richard.

Ricki Neil

Since Ricki joined RF about 18 months ago he has worked his socks off and has grew into his role as RF spokesman in the last year and deserves to be re- elected.

Iain Martin

Iain is another one who has been involved in RF from the beginning and done a tremendous amount of work getting the working groups up and running.

Stuart MacQuarrie

He is a fine upstanding member of the community, the club chaplain and a former councillor so could bring a lot of skills to RF.

For the final position I am struggling to choose as there are so many good choices. Lads like Peter Ewart and Derek Miller who have put so much work into Rangers First. Guys like Graeme Henderson who has bought large numbers of shares to try and help the club move forward.

Vote for whoever you think will put Rangers First – RF is there to help Rangers and The Rangers Community and that is what the future board must do!

Thanks

Robert Marshall

Founding Member of Rangers First

The Louden Tavern: RF Life member #0001

That came out on Wednesday 10 February 2016 at 14:56., very shortly after the polls opened.

And I'd still like to know how the Louden got my email address because I certainly never gave it to them.

(And yes I know I can unsubscribe thanks.)

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Clarity by changing the order of the words.

This really is depressing; too many ego's.

It seems to me we are muddling through with many variants of the same idea from many groups. Instead, should we not be following the Bayern Munich model; one that works supremely well? (This Guardian article is long, but quite revealing of the Bayern model: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/09/bayern-munich-bundesliga-global-expansion-karl-heinz-rummenigge)

I think the Club needs to take the lead by creating an advisory board/committee (the club already has three committees for various things) which should be made up of representatives from all of the different groups. This advisory board can then make recommendations to the club board. For example, Bayern Munich's advisory Board stated that they did not want any more than 30% of the club shares in foreign hands (they only sold around 15% of shares in the last 6 years to fund the 360m Allianz arena, which they have almost paid off).

Of course the difference between Rangers and Bayern is that their fans own 82% of shares; they have the power. We must seek to build our shareholding. If the Bayern club board don't do what they suggest, then they get voted out at the next AGM. Simple.

Then, Bayern have a membership scheme whereby the members pay 60 Euros (I think per year) for various benefits (Welcome gift (every new member receives the welcome gift of a personalised scarf!) Discount at club shops (10% discount on all full price items), BAYERN MAGAZIN membership, Priority ticketing services, Concessionary match tickets, Admission to FC Bayern museum). They have 220k members paying this small membership, alongside season tickets (these are some of the cheapest in Europe contributing to sold-out matches).

Fan group independence is not the priority IMO; and, one group is ideal, but not necessary at the moment. We fans need a substantial shareholding so we have the power. Then the Club should be taking the lead, so we can have a professional mediator instead of constant bitching back and forth between groups. The Bayern model works and it's there to copy. Why aren't we doing it?

(Apologies -- it's a bit of a rant, but this whole process is depressing. Everyone seems to be fighting for their own egos, both individuals and groups. Pull your finger out.)

Hamburg have a similar if even more complex board scheme and their benefits include a help station at away matches etc. IIRC they handle away ticket sales and get 10% of the proceeds which helps their funding.

Would that we could start with a blank sheet of paper.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Hamburg have a similar if even more complex board scheme and their benefits include a help station at away matches etc. IIRC they handle away ticket sales and get 10% of the proceeds which helps their funding.

Would that we could start with a blank sheet of paper.

Are Hamburg not something like 100 million in the red BH ? There's a billionaire fan or something who keeps them going.

Are Hamburg not something like 100 million in the red BH ? There's a billionaire fan or something who keeps them going.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/europe/16259-hamburg-sv-announce-new-money-and-return-of-the-volksparkstadion

Hamburg SV announce new money and return of the Volksparkstadion

Published on Friday, 23 January 2015 15:01

Hamburg SVBy Mark Baber

January 23 - Billionaire fan of Hambrg SV, Klaus-Michael Kühne, has become an official investor in the Bundesliga club, converting his latest loan of €18.75 million ($21.8million) into a 7.5% stake and buying the naming rights for the club's stadium which will revert to its old name of the 'Volksparkstadion' (People's Park Stadium) in July 2015.

Kühne is executive chairman and majority owner of the international transport company Kühne + Nagel and has a net worth is $10.3 billion, according to Forbes.

The name Volksparkstadion dates back to 1953 when a stadium was built from the ruins of what remained of Hamburg after the devastating RAF raids of July 1943 which killed over 40,000 people and destroyed whole districts of the city.

HSV moved into the stadium in 1963 when the Bundesliga was set up, but in 2001 the stadium was renamed the AOL Arena as AOL bought the naming rights for €15.3 million. In 2007 the stadium became the HSH Nordbank Arena in a 6 year €25 million deal and in 2010 it took on its current name of the Imtech Arena.

Hamburg chairman Dietmar Beiersdorfer said: "We are delighted that we now have a strategic partner in Mr. Kühne, who is a true HSV man and supporter. I am especially pleased that Mr. Kühne allows us to play in the Volksparkstadion again."

Kühne himself said: "It was a matter of the heart for me that the home of HSV carries its initial name again. I wish that our team can return to the success of the past in the Volksparkstadion."

From this summer HSV's stadium will be joining just two other Bundesliga stadiums without sponsored names - Werder Bremen's Weserstadion and Hertha Berlin's Olympic stadium.

Contact the writer of this story at mark.baber@insideworldfootball.com

Edited by BEARGER

That maybe so...only because they have nut-jobs in their support, but their team on the park is shite.

Are we to follow their example?

I would be fine following their example in terms of mobilizing. It's beyond doubt they have done that far better than we have.

What their team has done on the pitch is irrelevant to fans finding unity.