Rangers First board candidates

Fine.

Richard Gough is an employee of the Club and accepts hospitality from the Club in the form of a seat in the Directors Box.

I don't know if the Rev MacQuarrie earns any money from his various services for the Club but he accepts hospitality in the form of a seat in the Directors Box every week.

James Blair is the Rangers Company Secretary, so he is directly or indirectly remunerated for services to Rangers IFC.

Is that clear enough?

My views -

Gough - totally agree. He is a club ambassador and a close ally of King. Is he really going to go against the club and side with the support if push comes to shove? I am totally against him being elected. We need someone who is going to pout the view of the fans before the views of the board and he hasn't said anything to suggest that he would do that.

MacQuarrie - I didn't know he was in the directors'' box each week. I am a little uncomfortable with him given he was so heavily involved in the selection of the RFB, which suggests a close relationship with the club. There are others I would select before him.

James Blair - a more difficult one. He was involved with RF before becoming company secretary. I think supporter representation on the board is a good thing and while he is not a director he will be attending board meetings and I'd expect him to be able to put our views across. I presume he's not getting paid in his club role. I'm not convinced he can't do both roles, which may be a little contradictory to my views on the other two, but I think he would be a big asset and the board using supporters to fill roles as they did here shouldn't prevent good people from still representing the support. I think the big difference is that he went from fans rep to being involved with the club where the other 2 are doing it in the opposite direction.

I take the view that all candidates should have been asked to declare any income or hospitality they receive directly or indirectly from the Club and all candidates had an opportunity to do so on their statements.

That is then something for the RF to deal with.

Is your strategy to eliminate opponents and not speak about your own unfortunate past when involved with fans groups etc ?

What about your repeated, acrimonious and unfortunate past when involved with fans groups/boards etc ?

It seems as if in these last 2 or 3 days you have taken off from where you left things and it is fairly obvious as to why that past has consistently ended up being 'unfortunate' wherever you have laid your hat.

I take the view that despite your skills, history shows you generate a toxicity of sorts that sooner or later will come to the fore and manifest itself in a negative way for whatever it is you happen to be associated with.

To speak clearly,....

IMO we need to break with the past consistent negatives and you shouldn't be part of a new Rangers fan intiative .

My views -

Gough - totally agree. He is a club ambassador and a close ally of King. Is he really going to go against the club and side with the support if push comes to shove? I am totally against him being elected. We need someone who is going to pout the view of the fans before the views of the board and he hasn't said anything to suggest that he would do that.

MacQuarrie - I didn't know he was in the directors'' box each week. I am a little uncomfortable with him given he was so heavily involved in the selection of the RFB, which suggests a close relationship with the club. There are others I would select before him.

James Blair - a more difficult one. He was involved with RF before becoming company secretary. I think supporter representation on the board is a good thing and while he is not a director he will be attending board meetings and I'd expect him to be able to put our views across. I presume he's not getting paid in his club role. I'm not convinced he can't do both roles, which may be a little contradictory to my views on the other two, but I think he would be a big asset and the board using supporters to fill roles as they did here shouldn't prevent good people from still representing the support. I think the big difference is that he went from fans rep to being involved with the club where the other 2 are doing it in the opposite direction.

As regards Mr Blair, although he may or may not personally be receiving any remuneration for his role as Company Secretary, he is a partner in the firm of Anderson Strathern and one has to assume that they are billing Rangers for legal advice. Director or not he sits in the Directors Box every week. If he's not a director then it's hospitality surely?

However, it's quite easy for all candidates to clear up any conflicts of interest real or perceived.

As regards Mr Blair, although he may or may not personally be receiving any remuneration for his role as Company Secretary, he is a partner in the firm of Anderson Strathern and one has to assume that they are billing Rangers for legal advice.

One doesn't have to assume that. I would have thought he was doing it on a personal basis and it had nothing to do with his employment. If AS were being paid for his services then it would be clear from the accounts.

Director or not he sits in the Directors Box every week. If he's not a director then it's hospitality surely?

He got the subway to the game just before kick-off along with the other bears. So what if he gets hospitality? When you were on the board of the RST you were surely in favour of supporter representation? Are you saying that such supporters can't ever sit in the directors' box?

When you were on the board of the RST you were surely in favour of supporter representation? Are you saying that such supporters can't ever sit in the directors' box?

Dell, this is where perhaps my view differs from some of our support. The guys elected to serve the interests of the fans will I'm sure put in long hours working to protect our interests. In return they will get the odd chance to meet those who hold power and maybe the odd player too. That is the reward and that's where it should stop. There should be no sitting in the directors box. They are there to protect the interests of me and other supporters handing over our money. Yes we are all Rangers fans together but I don't want to see any cosy relationships developing. It's more difficult to fall out with a friend when apparent disputes arise. Sorry my friend.

He got the subway to the game just before kick-off along with the other bears. So what if he gets hospitality? When you were on the board of the RST you were surely in favour of supporter representation? Are you saying that such supporters can't ever sit in the directors' box?

I'm, not sure how his mode of transport affects the perception of a conflict, BD.

But no I'm, not saying NEVER.

I can only answer by reiterating:

5 (e) Declaring Gifts and Hospitality. Elected members should not be in receipt of hospitality, goods, services, gifts or any other benefit, that may compromise either their position or that of the organization, or may lead others to perceive that the integrity or policy of the organization or of the member has been compromised.

One doesn't have to assume that. I would have thought he was doing it on a personal basis and it had nothing to do with his employment. If AS were being paid for his services then it would be clear from the accounts.

From Mr Blair's statement;

Occupational background including current employment

In March 2015, I was also appointed Company Secretary of Rangers International Football Club PLC and the other companies in its group.

This has included acting for the Club on the litigations initiated by Sports Direct and Charles Green.

- See more at: http://www.rangersfirst.org/candidates-14/#sthash.FandEN7l.dpuf[/b]

"Employment" normally implies being paid does it not?

"Acting for the Club" would normally imply being paid or ones' firm being paid for one's servicers would it not?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

5 (e) Declaring Gifts and Hospitality. Elected members should not be in receipt of hospitality, goods, services, gifts or any other benefit, that may compromise either their position or that of the organization, or may lead others to perceive that the integrity or policy of the organization or of the member has been compromised.

Ever been the recipient of Rangers hospitality?