Rangers First board candidates

Alan, if I may be so bold, I think you'd be far better served discussing the positives of your own candidacy rather than indulging in besmirching others.

This is something you seem to have a history of and it really is disappointing that you seem to struggle to find the line of meaning well and making mischief. I'd imagine it's because of such clumsy efforts, so many fans have an issue with your reputation. I don't think you've helped much in recent days.

Lifted from FF:

The Infamous Alan Harris - his chequered past

https://infamousalanharris.wordpress.com/

It seems you are famous over on followfollow BH!

I'll allow the posting of this - not because I agree with the MO of anonymous blogs that don't allow right of reply but because it will allow Alan to see what is written elsewhere - correct or not as may be the case.

FS, I'm suprised you're not standing, if you're a member that its?

But perhaps you're tired of all the crap that goes with elections.

I'm not a member of either RF or the RST though I wish them both well.

However I did contribute to both through the communal GersNet scheme.

Dell, this is where perhaps my view differs from some of our support. The guys elected to serve the interests of the fans will I'm sure put in long hours working to protect our interests. In return they will get the odd chance to meet those who hold power and maybe the odd player too. That is the reward and that's where it should stop. There should be no sitting in the directors box. They are there to protect the interests of me and other supporters handing over our money. Yes we are all Rangers fans together but I don't want to see any cosy relationships developing. It's more difficult to fall out with a friend when apparent disputes arise. Sorry my friend.

A fair enough view. I don't see the problem myself as it can help build up relationships and you have to have some trust of the people that are on the board, but would say that it shouldn't happen every week. I can however understand that others would have a different view.

From Mr Blair's statement;

Occupational background including current employment

In March 2015, I was also appointed Company Secretary of Rangers International Football Club PLC and the other companies in its group.

This has included acting for the Club on the litigations initiated by Sports Direct and Charles Green.

- See more at: http://www.rangersfirst.org/candidates-14/#sthash.FandEN7l.dpuf[/b]

"Employment" normally implies being paid does it not?

It could quite as easily be a reference to the other part, and doesn't in itself imply payment. You really are trying too hard on this, and as Frankie says, you should try and be positive rather than negative.

"Acting for the Club" would normally imply being paid or ones' firm being paid for one's servicers would it not?

Not in his role as Company Secretary though. However it does suggest a potentially problematic conflict of interest.