Rangers First board candidates

Why have you been asking for the past two years? It's none of your business, you're not a member. I can understand members of RF & RST wishing to know the finances of the other before voting on any proposed merger and I'm sure the info will be made available at the appropriate time. But why you would be asking for two years for this information about something you're not part of is beyond me, are you just nosey?

Correct me if I'm wrong but has rbr not been asking the same question?

It's as much my business as it is the business of RST Board members to comment on the conduct of the RF election or the relative merits of the various candidates.

Has the information been supplied to RST members?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

And once RF members get to vote on the details of the merger then the information would be made available. Until then, if you want the information, pay your £10 and rejoin. ;)

Do you know that for a fact?

When I was a fully paid up member, Board member and latterly Secretary of the RST I couldn't find out how many members we had, never mind how many were subscribing to Gersave, who's to say I'd have any more luck if I re-joined as an ordinary member now?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Do you know that for a fact?

Not sure why you have to put it in bold?

It's my opinion that such information would require to be disclosed for a merger to go though.

When I was a fully paid up member, Board member and latterly Secretary of the RST I couldn't find out how many members we had, never mind how many were subscribing to Gersave, who's to say I'd have any more luck if I re-joined as an ordinary member now?

You couldn't find out how many members the RST had? Did you look in the accounts?

You didn't know how many Gersave members there were? Did you ask at an AGM or email the Gersave secretary at any point as I've got no record of you asking whn you were a "fully paid up member", I find it hard to believe that a Gersave Secretary would refuse to give a fellow board member that information when asked,

Correct me if I'm wrong but has rbr not been asking the same question?

It's as much my business as it is the business of RST Board members to comment on the conduct of the RF election or the relative merits of the various candidates.

Has the information been supplied to RST members?

Rbr asking the same question does not mean you're within your rights in asking. If he is not a member then my comment also applies to him.

It's none of your business no matter what RST board members do or don't do.

Do RST members have the info? Once again heehaw to do with you. I'm a member and clever enough to ask questions myself, I and other members don't need you to ask questions on our behalf.

Here is hoping that any proposals for a merger are constructive, positive and workable............and that the various groups can come together, move forward and start a fresh era where the discussion isn't so confrontational.

Aggressive division has been one of the main characteristics of the fans groups over a number of years and it has been actively encouraged and exploited to our cost by the allegedly fraudulant and their friends. However difficult it may be, we have to turn this around. We can criticise the club for X and Y but perhaps we need to push towards what is actually within our own ambit.

Any process towards this may be complicated, contentious with lively and 'aggressive debate' but it's what comes out the other end is that is important.

Edited by buster.

Just as an aside to this . The information still hasn't been supplied .

And I am a lifetime member of the RST and subscribe to buy Rangers and have emailed asking for the info .

Edited by rbr

Not sure why you have to put it in bold?

It's my opinion that such information would require to be disclosed for a merger to go though.

You couldn't find out how many members the RST had? Did you look in the accounts?

You didn't know how many Gersave members there were? Did you ask at an AGM or email the Gersave secretary at any point as I've got no record of you asking whn you were a "fully paid up member", I find it hard to believe that a Gersave Secretary would refuse to give a fellow board member that information when asked,

I asked the Membership Secretary for that information on numerous occasions but never received a straight answer. The membership numbers did not match the membership income in the accounts. There was always an issue about this because lapsed members were still counted as members until the following AGM which could be six months or more later, at least that is what I was told.

I worked closely with the Board member responsible but to my knowledge, the Gersave accounts were never properly reconciled during my time in office and the auditors did not regard it as part of their remit. For the avoidance of doubt I am not alleging any monetary irregularity here although I had to redraft the Rules to match the way the scheme was being run, rather than vice versa.

Rbr asking the same question does not mean you're within your rights in asking. If he is not a member then my comment also applies to him.

Do RST members have the info? Once again heehaw to do with you. I'm a member and clever enough to ask questions myself, I and other members don't need you to ask questions on our behalf.

Apparently rbr is a member, see #488 above.