The Rangers Independent Fans Consortium Ltd (another group?)

So what is a shadow director?

I read that is what these two are in RF.

A shadow director is someone who has the power and/or inluence of a director but doesn't actually sit on the board.

For example, some may argue that under the previous board Ashley was a shadow director.

Google: A person in accordance with whose directions or instructions the directors of a company are accustomed to act

eg. Sandy Easdale was at times considered by some to act as one / RIFC (company)

edit. Bluedell's example is better.

Easdale might have been a go between.

Edited by buster.

As for the new company, it could be for any number of reasons. I don't think that anyone should jump to conclusions.

Yes, the two directors and RF election candidates could simply explain.

Edited by buster.

Thanks lads.

Anyone know if these two were in the RST previously?

They were. They wanted the RST to talk about fan ownership only and make Paul Goodwin from Supporters Direct our spokesman. They did not want us to speak about the dysfunctional Board at the time. They were defeated despite trying their best to get as many of their allies as they could along to the meeting. Then dummies were spat out. Looks like they are going to do the same thing again when the new fans group gets off the ground. You'd have to question why they wouldn't want a united group.

It's someone who isn't an official director of a company (and therefore lacks legitimate authority), but nevertheless exerts considerable influence over how the actual directors run the company.

Without casting any aspersions on the two gents in this case, the description shadow director usually carries negative connotations, as in most cases if you are in control of a company, you should have no reason to hide the fact.

Edited by Mountain Bear

No Andy, it's a question that could do with some kind real answer rather than evasion.

We have an RF election,... proposed mergers,... suddenly what appears to be a 'contingency fans group vehicle' incorporated... and 48 hours ago BH inferring that there may be more truth in what Frankie said about alternative groups springing up than he could imagine.

Ach man, I don't know anything about it. I just find it all very unpleasant.

Edited by andy steel

They were. They wanted the RST to talk about fan ownership only and make Paul Goodwin from Supporters Direct our spokesman. They did not want us to speak about the dysfunctional Board at the time. They were defeated despite trying their best to get as many of their allies as they could along to the meeting. Then dummies were spat out. Looks like they are going to do the same thing again when the new fans group gets off the ground. You'd have to question why they wouldn't want a united group.

So if they are elected they would work against a united group?

Why?