The Rangers Independent Fans Consortium Ltd (another group?)

FWIW, I've known Graham for a while and find him to be a knowledgeable fella who is very capable in what he does. I don't know what happened during his time on the RST board (and latterly at RF) so find it difficult comment accurately on such matters.

I'd be wary of taking anyone's opinion on such issues as gospel as I know from personal experience things can be spun in a certain way so I'd urge everyone to make up their own mind. The lack of clarity on setting up shell groups is unhelpful though for sure.

This is why I hate voting on things. It's like bloody politics sometimes - try and find the person telling the least warped version of the truth.

I'll go further BM - if there are shelf companies being set up in the background while concerted efforts are being made to bring together the various Rangers minded sectors and schemes, not to mention egos, then this whole exercise is doomed to fail before it even begins. Anybody engaging in that will not be receiving my votes or indeed any of my friends votes once I tell them what's going on and I would urge every other Rangers fan to take the same position. All of this was supposed to bury hatchets. It would seem that some have bought new ones and are already sharpening them.

Edited by boabie

We probably need to understand the rationale for the setting up of this new group, before making a lot of noise. Is it the intention to 'compete' with RF/RST in the collection of funds for share acquisition, or is this just another fan group i.e. ala Bill McMurdo. Anyone can set up a fan group, but whether it would get any genuine support remains to be seen.

Apologies if this is common information, I am just going by what I have read on here.

For me, whilst I realise it would never happen. I'd ban anyone who's ever sat on ANY sort of fans board before. I realise this may lose potential good candidates but for me it's the only way we could start fresh with no underhand behaviour.

I'd also then be weary of the new candidate who is mates with the guy who's been banned from applying etc ......

As said I know it would never work but it's just getting ridiculous now.

For me, whilst I realise it would never happen. I'd ban anyone who's ever sat on ANY sort of fans board before. I realise this may lose potential good candidates but for me it's the only way we could start fresh with no underhand behaviour.

I'd also then be weary of the new candidate who is mates with the guy who's been banned from applying etc ......

As said I know it would never work but it's just getting ridiculous now.

A real danger from what without alternative explanation appears to be Machiavellian like politics is that many supporters simply get sickened and withdraw their support from any group.

For clarity, it's also worth highlighting this CIC shell:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC520806/officers

I notice it's Rab Marshall of the Louden's company but that Greg who is standing used to be a director before resigning - presumably because he was standing for RF.

This is all a bit needless and bizarre.

Some tweets from Greg on this:

[tweet]697749989200687105[/tweet]

[tweet]697750906868232192[/tweet]

Edited by Frankie

For clarity, it's also worth highlighting this CIC shell:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC520806/officers

I notice it's Rab Marshall of the Louden's company but that Greg who is standing used to be a director before resigning - presumably because he was standing for RF.

This is all a bit needless and bizarre.

For clarity as stated online this is entirely unrelated to share ownership or fans groups - It is sadly being used as a deflection from the company this thread is about. Who has decided to make that choice I'll leave for others to speculate on but I am wholly committed to the RF model for fan ownership and have always been a massive advocate of it as I'm sure the majority of you know.

When the project is confirmed or denied we will let everyone in our support know - I would sincerely love to show you what some of the plans are but are not able to at this stage

For clarity as stated online this is entirely unrelated to share ownership or fans groups - It is sadly being used as a deflection from the company this thread is about. Who has decided to make that choice I'll leave for others to speculate on but I am wholly committed to the RF model for fan ownership and have always been a massive advocate of it as I'm sure the majority of you know.

When the project is confirmed or denied we will let everyone in our support know - I would sincerely love to show you what some of the plans are but are not able to at this stage

Thanks for coming on and clarifying Greg, good Luck !

I am happy to vouch for Greg being committed to a member driver RF and that he is not involved in any other project that would take away from this commitment.