Kallum Higginbotham slams "attention-seeking" Rangers' full-back James Tavernier

for Twitter post.

Kilmarnock attacker Kallum Higginbotham has branded Rangers’ James Tavernier as “attention-seeking” after the defender posted pictures of his injured knee on Twitter.

Higginbotham was sent-off for a high challenge on the right-back in the final stages of Saturday’s Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox, but feels that the decision was unfair, and he has criticised Tavernier for scuppering his chances of an appeal by posting images of cuts to his knee on social media.

He said: “I don’t have Twitter myself but a few of the lads showed me that when I came in on Monday. It’s disappointing because in my eyes it’s attention-seeking and he’s trying to prove that I’ve touched him.

“Maybe if he hadn’t posted that picture we could have tried to have appealed it, but the picture shows that there was contact so it would affect the perception of the challenge.

“I never tried to hurt the guy, I wouldn’t do that, it’s just the way I play the game. I want to win every ball that I go for, and if you can’t go in with a little bit of force then it’s not football anymore.

“It seems to always be stop-start in games now for the littlest thing, I think referees need to understand that it’s men playing football, and there’s obviously going to be contact.

“I think it was a harsh sending off, it split views right through Scotland with some people saying it was a straight red and others saying there’s no way it was red.

“I’m obviously going to say that it’s not a red, but I know that I didn’t have any intent to hurt him. “The ball was there to be won and I’ve won the ball, but the referee has obviously factored in the speed of the challenge and the fact my studs were showing, so he’s just doing his job, but I’m just disappointed he’s come to that decision.

“Maybe if it was away from Ibrox it might have been different or if it was early on in the game. But it’s happened now and I can’t let it get me down, I just need to move on.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14269123.Kallum_Higginbotham_slams__attention_seeking__Rangers__full_back_James_Tavernier_for_Twitter_post/

I also don't think he meant to hurt Tavernier, but that's not relevant. It was still a straight red.

And tell me who is attention speaking? The person who posts a picture of their scarred knee on their own twitter account or the cry-baby who goes running off to the newspapers about it?

I also don't think he meant to hurt Tavernier, but that's not relevant. It was still a straight red.

And tell me who is attention speaking? The person who posts a picture of their scarred knee on their own twitter account or the cry-baby who goes running off to the newspapers about it?

A typical clogger Scottish football player!,I'm not saying he meant it,however he went straight and high at Tav with his studs showing,what do you expect the outcome to be?

Remember Butcher actually said on sportscene that in his day it wouldn't even have been a foul!

That may be, back in the day I saw many hefty challenges that the referee didn't blow for.

Today there are still some but way less because of the different rules.