'King' Kenny Miller: A Rangers legend?

Good point.

I think Tiny should be a Rangers legend :D

I'm sure I heard a couple of weeks ago that Tiny was very ill - a stroke or similar. My apologies if I've misheard this and got it wrong. In any case her and her mother truly are Rangers legends.

If there was one player in our current squad who could get anywhere near 'Legend' status then it has to be Kenny Miller. He's not quite reached the pinnacle yet to receive that award, but who knows? He still has 1 last pop next season to add that to his impressive CV. An important player who's contributing to this seasons effort and possibly just the guy for next season.

John Greig, Paul Gascoigne, Jim Baxter...Kenny Miller? You never know, I hope so.

If you've reached the point where you can find something to bitch about over what was a memorable day for normal Rangers fans I will bid you a good afternoon.

I mean no insult, I just find your posting style tiresome and don't want to engage with it. I'm sure you'll manage to cope!

We could all live in lala land and engage this nonsense by pondering Miller's legend status but those of us in the real world see him for what he is - a very average footballer who will be long forgotten about in a few years.

If there was one player in our current squad who could get anywhere near 'Legend' status then it has to be Kenny Miller. He's not quite reached the pinnacle yet to receive that award, but who knows? He still has 1 last pop next season to add that to his impressive CV. An important player who's contributing to this seasons effort and possibly just the guy for next season.

John Greig, Paul Gascoigne, Jim Baxter...Kenny Miller? You never know, I hope so.

He shouldn't ever be considered a legend, even if he plays a part in us winning the league next season. IMHO

He shouldn't ever be considered a legend, even if he plays a part in us winning the league next season. IMHO

No he needs to play the MAIN part, that's what I'm saying...along the lines (again) like he did in winning a cup with eight men on his side.

If Miller scores an injury time goal with only 8 players beside him in the last league game of the season to clinch 55 then he's a legend...if he doesn't he's not. If he wins POTY next season he might still, if he isn't part of 55 then he'll never be a legend.

Edit: Lots of 'ifs' :lol:

Edited by Bearman

We could all live in lala land and engage this nonsense by pondering Miller's legend status but those of us in the real world see him for what he is - a very average footballer who will be long forgotten about in a few years.

he's been a valued servant especially second time round when he proved to be a valuable signing and proved a lot wrong including myself

but legend? he's nowhere near that.

So this all comes down to the definition of the word 'legend' and its recent appropriation to mean 'very good'. That isn't what the word 'legend' means though. A legend is a myth or a fairy story, that's not the the right definition here either though. More appropriately 'legend' also means famous or notorious, and by that definition Miller is the closest in our side to being a 'legend'.

For a start has any other player ever signed for Rangers 3 times? That alone surely affords him 'legend' status and a place in trivia questions for years to come. Likewise in 50 years time when our grandchildren are looking at the quaintly named players from the turn of the 21st century the name 'Kenny Miller' will spring out at them. Not only did he sign for Rangers 3 times but he played for Celtic too, really? He is also the oldest ever Rangers player to score a hat-trick for the club, another one for the future trivia buffs to baffle their friends with.

He also played fairly successfully in England, scoring memorably at Old Trafford, as well as being the main point of attack for his country for a number of seasons and someone who signed off by scoring a cracker at Wembley in the oldest international fixture in the world. Miller has 68 full caps and captained his country, that alone will see him revered in the future as legendary.

He's also played abroad during a time that Scots players have rarely ventured further English League 1 Miller has played in both Turkey and the MSL in North America, plus his time at Cardiff City makes him one of the few players to have played for clubs in three UK countries.

Surely though our grandchildren will look at his return to our club whilst we languished in turmoil during the dark days of Ashley/Easdale and co as his greatest move? Not only did choose to return whilst we were at our lowest ebb, he survived the putsch taking place off the field, and the one on it too. It's clear Warburton rates him both for his on-pitch contribution but also for his influence off it. Miller has been signed by 3 different Rangers managers and played for five plus two caretaker managers, has any other Rangers player ever done that?

Is Kenny Miller one of the best players to don the light blue jersey? No, far from it. Has he achieved legendary status (and he's not finished with Rangers yet) during his career? I'd argue yes, he's probably the best known and, at times, most notorious Scottish player of his generation. He's created records and he's made big contributions.

I've no doubt history will judge Miller as legendary.

So this all comes down to the definition of the word 'legend' and its recent appropriation to mean 'very good'. That isn't what the word 'legend' means though. A legend is a myth or a fairy story, that's not the the right definition here either though. More appropriately 'legend' also means famous or notorious, and by that definition Miller is the closest in our side to being a 'legend'.

For a start has any other player ever signed for Rangers 3 times? That alone surely affords him 'legend' status and a place in trivia questions for years to come. Likewise in 50 years time when our grandchildren are looking at the quaintly named players from the turn of the 21st century the name 'Kenny Miller' will spring out at them. Not only did he sign for Rangers 3 times but he played for Celtic too, really? He is also the oldest ever Rangers player to score a hat-trick for the club, another one for the future trivia buffs to baffle their friends with.

He also played fairly successfully in England, scoring memorably at Old Trafford, as well as being the main point of attack for his country for a number of seasons and someone who signed off by scoring a cracker at Wembley in the oldest international fixture in the world. Miller has 68 full caps and captained his country, that alone will see him revered in the future as legendary.

He's also played abroad during a time that Scots players have rarely ventured further English League 1 Miller has played in both Turkey and the MSL in North America, plus his time at Cardiff City makes him one of the few players to have played for clubs in three UK countries.

Surely though our grandchildren will look at his return to our club whilst we languished in turmoil during the dark days of Ashley/Easdale and co as his greatest move? Not only did choose to return whilst we were at our lowest ebb, he survived the putsch taking place off the field, and the one on it too. It's clear Warburton rates him both for his on-pitch contribution but also for his influence off it. Miller has been signed by 3 different Rangers managers and played for five plus two caretaker managers, has any other Rangers player ever done that?

Is Kenny Miller one of the best players to don the light blue jersey? No, far from it. Has he achieved legendary status (and he's not finished with Rangers yet) during his career? I'd argue yes, he's probably the best known and, at times, most notorious Scottish player of his generation. He's created records and he's made big contributions.

I've no doubt history will judge Miller as legendary.

Rangers legends don't play for celtc.

cult figure?

anomaly?

much more appropriate than legend.

Edited by jhunter