Waggy Looking A bit Burnt out??

Yeh, been at games got S/T in BR. He has taken a few good hits, think he's started to be targeted alot too, defenders usually right on top of him. I hope MW gives him a rest Tuesday. I sit right down front of BR and have been watching him in particular since start of the year, I just feel he looks sluggish and at times even a little disinterested? Probably due to lack of confidence? Really hope MW rests him Tuesday as we got lucky today with Hibs dropping points too. He's pivotal to the run in and promotion.

I thought he would have been rested in the Raith Rovers game week past Tuesday to help him to recharge for the Killie game. Billy King had scored the winner 3 days before and his confidence would have been electric, not only did Waggy play the full 90, but King didn't even get game time off the bench...I found those decisions strange to say the least.

The problem we have for the replay midweek is Waggy is knackered and King is cup-tied.

I keep repeating the same old thing,but the truth is we are not professional managers,MW is and he has installed a full professional team behind him to deal with all theses issues regarding fitness,health,diets,etc:, I appreciate we are all entitled to our opinions but in reality we know nothing of when players should be left out for whatever reason!,MW knows what he is talking about,knows what is required and so far I really can't see anything that he has done where he is wrong!, we are a work in progress,he is here for the long term to restore Rangers FC to where we belong, and I believe he will achieve in getting us back to being where we should be, there is nothing to suggest he will not do this,nothing!.

We are 100% much better a team since we first got kicked out of the top league,MW is at the beginning of a total rebuild and when the time comes for him to leave the club he will leave a legacy of which I hope will carry on for years to come and we will be in a very good place when that time comes!,in the meantime I am enjoying what this guy is doing with Rangers and I hope when the day comes for him to leave is a long way away!

I keep repeating the same old thing,but the truth is we are not professional managers,MW is and he has installed a full professional team behind him to deal with all theses issues regarding fitness,health,diets,etc:, I appreciate we are all entitled to our opinions but in reality we know nothing of when players should be left out for whatever reason!,MW knows what he is talking about,knows what is required and so far I really can't see anything that he has done where he is wrong!, we are a work in progress,he is here for the long term to restore Rangers FC to where we belong, and I believe he will achieve in getting us back to being where we should be, there is nothing to suggest he will not do this,nothing!.

We are 100% much better a team since we first got kicked out of the top league,MW is at the beginning of a total rebuild and when the time comes for him to leave the club he will leave a legacy of which I hope will carry on for years to come and we will be in a very good place when that time comes!,in the meantime I am enjoying what this guy is doing with Rangers and I hope when the day comes for him to leave is a long way away!

so something as simple as a players tiredness cannot be assessed from watching games but a managers worth can be! haha got it!

Okay agree re manager's worth but he sees each game from the level might be worth going up to stand to see many fans view and get a different perspective on games.

What I hate to see is time wasted in lead up to substitutions on looking and being shown graphs and paper plays.

Tired??? seriously.....

Possibly opening up an age-old topic, but these guys are supposed to be Professionals/Athletes. Waggy has played approx 30 games since August - maybe a little over 1 game a week on average. Then factor in training, which isn't the same slog that it used to be - it's more about teasing limits and maintaining fitness level.

There's guys out there playing 3-4 games a week (of varying game sizes), all while holding down full time jobs. For Pros to be classed as Tired is a joke (IMHO)

I don't think it has anything to do with tiredness. Don't ask me what it is that's going on there as I haven't a clue. If I was to take a guess at it I'd say its in his head somewhere. Some say he's not played well the last couple of games I'd dispute that and say its been a bit longer than just the last couple of games even though during the time he was still managing to score a goal or two. For me I noticed his control/touch getting a bit sloppy during the October/November dip and as yet it still hasn't returned. I'm not offering any answers but it might be down to where he's been being played. You've more time to control/trap the ball out wide when you get it but when you're through the middle it has to be instant. It might be hocus pocus but one of the players Wagghorn sites as a role model Andy Cole practised without a ball as apparently the body remembers shape/position apparently he did this so that he could control/trap/turn and get a shot off and the body wouldn't find itself in unusual stress positions. As I say it might just be hocus pocus but then again it might not and anything that helps a player do any of that has to be worthwhile.

Edited by Big Jaws
spelling

His touch has always been piss-poor; so has his finishing -- remember how many chances he misses. The only difference is that he's not scoring at the moment, whereas before he was chipping in with a few. It might not be tiredness, but a break might help him anyway.

I'd disagree with you there Rousseau. For me his touch was good during August/September of course there were one or two occasions where it was a little sloppy but over all during that time it was reasonably good... but after that it got particularly poor.

Maybe Waghorn is not good enough to maintain the high standard he set when he first joined Rangers? A really good player may have the odd dip in form but generally maintains a high standard throughout a season. Unfortunately we are not in the market for players of such a high calibre at the moment. Nicky Law is certainly an example of a player who only has a few good games per season.